Speakers at the one-day event for digital editors and regional journalists will look at ho news publishers can access useful sources of data and how data can be used by editorial and commercial teams in newsrooms.
Julian Tait, who is working to make Manchester the UK's first "Open Data City", will join Paul Bradshaw, author of the Online Journalism Blog and leader of the Online Journalism MA at Birmingham City University, at the event at the offices of Northwest Vision & Media at Media City in Salford Quays.
Martin Belam, information architect at the Guardian, will speak about the title's work with data and the differences it has made to its journalism.
The event, which is organised by Northwest Vision & Media and the University of Central Lancashire, is free to attend but places must be booked in advance at this link. For further information contact Nick Turner or Francois Nel.
Questions or suggestions for speakers can be made via Twitter using the #dendatameet hashtag.
Free daily newsletter
- Print and online daily Ara is reaching the 'politically concerned' community in Catalonia
- How live journalism brings people together to build trust and excitement around stories
- Just be human: How The Moth works with its community to tell stories live
- Mobile news and other areas Quartz will focus on in 2017
- How Voice of San Diego is helping five newsrooms bring memberships into the revenue mix