The new area also includes 'best practices for journalists on Facebook', a new resource with tips on growing an audience, using 'graph search' and starting conversations, such as using the new live Q&A feature (which you can read more about here).
It also includes a best practice guide for pages run by media companies such as news outlets. Advice includes how to best share breaking news, and "rewarding your audience" with behind-the-scenes content.
Other stories shared in the portal include 13 ways to make your stories go viral, a post by BuzzFeed founder Jonah Peretti.
Many of the tips included in the best practice guides were shared by Vadim Lavrusik, journalism programme manager at Facebook, when he spoke at digital journalism conference news:rewired last month.
There is also a Facebook + Journalists groups which flags up innovative uses of Facebook.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this list of tools for creating social media posts
- For its first Facebook community, Bloomberg brought readers together to talk about personal finance
- UK news brands are often ignored or misremembered when accessed via search or social media, study finds
- Lydia Polgreen, editor-in-chief of HuffPost, on inspiring innovation: 'We need to get better at telling our own story'
- Reuters Institute report prompts optimism about readers' appreciation of journalism