The new area also includes 'best practices for journalists on Facebook', a new resource with tips on growing an audience, using 'graph search' and starting conversations, such as using the new live Q&A feature (which you can read more about here).
It also includes a best practice guide for pages run by media companies such as news outlets. Advice includes how to best share breaking news, and "rewarding your audience" with behind-the-scenes content.
Other stories shared in the portal include 13 ways to make your stories go viral, a post by BuzzFeed founder Jonah Peretti.
Many of the tips included in the best practice guides were shared by Vadim Lavrusik, journalism programme manager at Facebook, when he spoke at digital journalism conference news:rewired last month.
There is also a Facebook + Journalists groups which flags up innovative uses of Facebook.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Remember these pointers before setting up a Facebook group
- Spaceship Media is using 'dialogue journalism' to enable productive conversations between communities at odds
- 'We went for goofy': Lessons from Omrop Fryslân's first Facebook Live with multiple cameras
- TRT World is growing in the US and Europe with social video explainers, interactive audio stories and 'fresh TV'
- Tip: Refresh your social media strategy with this advice