The new area also includes 'best practices for journalists on Facebook', a new resource with tips on growing an audience, using 'graph search' and starting conversations, such as using the new live Q&A feature (which you can read more about here).
It also includes a best practice guide for pages run by media companies such as news outlets. Advice includes how to best share breaking news, and "rewarding your audience" with behind-the-scenes content.
Other stories shared in the portal include 13 ways to make your stories go viral, a post by BuzzFeed founder Jonah Peretti.
Many of the tips included in the best practice guides were shared by Vadim Lavrusik, journalism programme manager at Facebook, when he spoke at digital journalism conference news:rewired last month.
There is also a Facebook + Journalists groups which flags up innovative uses of Facebook.
Free daily newsletter
- The Trust Project launches transparency standards to help readers identify reliable news sources
- New project from the Walter Cronkite School will focus on improving news literacy through collaboration
- Tip: Catch up with all the social media news of September with this list
- New platform Gather aims to connect and support journalists working in community engagement
- Tip: Check out this list of tools for creating social media posts