The new area also includes 'best practices for journalists on Facebook', a new resource with tips on growing an audience, using 'graph search' and starting conversations, such as using the new live Q&A feature (which you can read more about here).
It also includes a best practice guide for pages run by media companies such as news outlets. Advice includes how to best share breaking news, and "rewarding your audience" with behind-the-scenes content.
Other stories shared in the portal include 13 ways to make your stories go viral, a post by BuzzFeed founder Jonah Peretti.
Many of the tips included in the best practice guides were shared by Vadim Lavrusik, journalism programme manager at Facebook, when he spoke at digital journalism conference news:rewired last month.
There is also a Facebook + Journalists groups which flags up innovative uses of Facebook.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this Facebook group connecting freelancers with celebrities and publicists
- Report outlines challenges and recommendations for ethical journalism in 2017 and beyond
- How BBC News is experimenting with Instagram Stories to engage younger audiences
- Tip: Take a look at this list of Facebook Live formats
- Using Facebook reactions, Aftenposten's editor-in-chief assesses the network's editorial role