The new area also includes 'best practices for journalists on Facebook', a new resource with tips on growing an audience, using 'graph search' and starting conversations, such as using the new live Q&A feature (which you can read more about here).
It also includes a best practice guide for pages run by media companies such as news outlets. Advice includes how to best share breaking news, and "rewarding your audience" with behind-the-scenes content.
Other stories shared in the portal include 13 ways to make your stories go viral, a post by BuzzFeed founder Jonah Peretti.
Many of the tips included in the best practice guides were shared by Vadim Lavrusik, journalism programme manager at Facebook, when he spoke at digital journalism conference news:rewired last month.
There is also a Facebook + Journalists groups which flags up innovative uses of Facebook.
Free daily newsletter
- Ombuds: Using Bitcoin to make online messages 'immutable'
- Tip: Bookmark this list of journalism-related social media groups
- First speakers announced for news:rewired 'in focus' event on newsgathering and verification
- Quality over quantity: How to make LinkedIn work for you
- 'OMG! I have to tell you!' – The social science of sharing