The new area also includes 'best practices for journalists on Facebook', a new resource with tips on growing an audience, using 'graph search' and starting conversations, such as using the new live Q&A feature (which you can read more about here).
It also includes a best practice guide for pages run by media companies such as news outlets. Advice includes how to best share breaking news, and "rewarding your audience" with behind-the-scenes content.
Other stories shared in the portal include 13 ways to make your stories go viral, a post by BuzzFeed founder Jonah Peretti.
Many of the tips included in the best practice guides were shared by Vadim Lavrusik, journalism programme manager at Facebook, when he spoke at digital journalism conference news:rewired last month.
There is also a Facebook + Journalists groups which flags up innovative uses of Facebook.
Free daily newsletter
- The Guardian is reaching new audiences on Facebook with video series for people who dip in and out of news
- RTÉ is producing a new video series for Facebook using only mobile devices
- Highlight your expertise and be there to listen: The dos and don'ts of building trust with readers on Facebook
- With a new app and Facebook Messenger bot, Al Jazeera Media Network is expanding into digital audio
- What influences people's decisions about trusting and engaging with news?