News Sucker lists breaking news headlines plus government data releases
A former web journalist at the now-defunct News of the World has released a tool he built to track breaking news headlines and releases of government data.
News Sucker, built by a journalist for journalists, allows users to follow breaking news, plus headlines under topics such as "media" and "politics" and releases of government statistics.
Simon Freeman, now a freelance journalist and web consultant, told Journalism.co.uk: "In my previous role at the News of the World I found that carefully looking through I could usually pick up something that made a lead every week."
Freeman said the idea came about "because I know most reporters don't really have a handle on Google News or the various other personalised aggregators".
"This one is carefully tailored to meet our needs," he said.
Freeman added that he will be expanding News Sucker: "I'm adding feeds to it as I find them and hope it will become a hub for breaking news and headlines."
Free daily newsletter
- Liveblog: Rebekah Brooks's evidence at the Leveson inquiry
- Rebekah Brooks: Anti-paedophile campaign 'could have been done better'
- Andy Coulson tells Leveson inquiry: 'I am not a bully'
- Andy Coulson saw 'no conflict of interest' in joining Conservative team
- Liveblog: Andy Coulson's evidence at the Leveson inquiry