Sidebar is a Google Desktop extension that sits on a user's screen, displaying information from stock prices to headlines.
The tool learns which story types people enjoy reading and lets them click "Don't show me items like this" to tone down the number of inappropriate stories in future.
Unfortunately for Apple Mac users, the product only works with Windows XP or Windows 2000 SP 3-plus.
Free daily newsletter
- 'Platforms should pay for news' a peer committee says
- “Hey Google, tell me something good”
- Google is giving $6.5 million to fact-checkers focusing on coronavirus
- Half of publishers bet on reader revenue as their main income stream in 2020
- Weekly journalism news update: design thinking, mobile journalism for local news and UK data units