Sidebar is a Google Desktop extension that sits on a user's screen, displaying information from stock prices to headlines.
The tool learns which story types people enjoy reading and lets them click "Don't show me items like this" to tone down the number of inappropriate stories in future.
Unfortunately for Apple Mac users, the product only works with Windows XP or Windows 2000 SP 3-plus.
Free daily newsletter
- Google News Showcase: Is it viable for the smallest of newsrooms?
- 'Platforms should pay for news' a peer committee says
- “Hey Google, tell me something good”
- Google is giving $6.5 million to fact-checkers focusing on coronavirus
- Half of publishers bet on reader revenue as their main income stream in 2020