The news outlet released a UK version of the news and sport 'pano' app at the end of last week. In a blog post the Guardian said it will launch a US version "very soon".
The Guardian app, which can be downloaded from the Windows store, currently offers text articles, with the Guardian "looking at making a much wider range of content available, including liveblogs, image galleries and media", according to the announcement blog post.
The Bing Daily app, a general news app displayed on the start screen of Windows desktop and tablet devices, also includes content from the Guardian.
In the blog post the Guardian said it "worked closely with Microsoft in the development of the Guardian panos".
"These were created using our open platform, the heart of which is the Guardian content api, which enables the retrieval of Guardian content via queries and tags."
The Financial Times, New York Times, and Northern & Shell titles the Daily and Sunday Express, Daily Star and Daily Star Sunday, OK! Magazine, Star Magazine and New! Magazine were among the outlets to launch Windows 8 apps when the new Microsoft operating system was released at the end of October.
Free daily newsletter
- How to record and edit videos on your iPhone with Videon
- App for journalists: Plotagraph, for animating photos on your iPhone
- How to collect, organise and showcase your work in one place, without paying a penny
- App for journalists: Flyr, for animated stories on Instagram, Snapchat and more
- Tool for journalists: Wire, for safely sending and receiving sensitive material