The news outlet released a UK version of the news and sport 'pano' app at the end of last week. In a blog post the Guardian said it will launch a US version "very soon".
The Guardian app, which can be downloaded from the Windows store, currently offers text articles, with the Guardian "looking at making a much wider range of content available, including liveblogs, image galleries and media", according to the announcement blog post.
The Bing Daily app, a general news app displayed on the start screen of Windows desktop and tablet devices, also includes content from the Guardian.
In the blog post the Guardian said it "worked closely with Microsoft in the development of the Guardian panos".
"These were created using our open platform, the heart of which is the Guardian content api, which enables the retrieval of Guardian content via queries and tags."
The Financial Times, New York Times, and Northern & Shell titles the Daily and Sunday Express, Daily Star and Daily Star Sunday, OK! Magazine, Star Magazine and New! Magazine were among the outlets to launch Windows 8 apps when the new Microsoft operating system was released at the end of October.
Free daily newsletter
- App for journalists: FilmoraGo, for editing videos on your smartphone
- Tip: Try these 5 apps to help you work smarter in 2018
- App for journalists: Enlight Videoleap, for editing video packages on your smartphone
- How to record and publish podcasts using Anchor
- App for journalists: VeeR Editor, for editing 360-degree video on your smartphone