Mr Anderson has been an online journalist since 1996 and joined the BBC two years later, becoming its first online reporter based outside of the UK. He has since reported on the US and technology from Washington DC and has produced the interactive World Have Your Say programme on the World Service.
"I've been an online journalist for 10 years now," he wrote. "The reason why I am an online journalist is because every morning I get to wake up, go to work and create a new medium. And there is a lot more work to do. Now it gets interesting."
At the BBC, Mr Anderson has been among the most active advocates of news blogging. Guardian Unlimited operates 11 blogs plus dozens more on its Comment is free blog portal.
Free daily newsletter
- Newsrewired special: training and retaining new journalists
- How has the pandemic changed media recruitment?
- Jo Adetunji, editor of The Conversation, on recruiting diverse talent
- David Higgerson, chief audience officer, Reach plc, on overcoming leadership challenges during the pandemic
- Daniell Morrisey: How to prepare a killer CV