A CNN journalist has been shot and injured while reporting on the Libyan conflict.
CNN producer Ian Lee was shot in the ankle on Saturday (17 September) when his television crew came under attack on the outskirts of Sirte, the birthplace of Gaddafi.
The group were filming when they came under fire from rocket propelled grenades. At least one medic was killed in the attack.
Lee, a US citizen, was treated for a shrapnel wound to his ankle. A video captures the moment he was shot and shows him being helped by colleagues, transported to hospital and treated for his injuries.
Free daily newsletter
- CNN launches Facebook-funded mobile-first daily news show 'Go There'
- The old, the new and the unexpected mediums for telling human stories
- ‘We need to use smartphones smartly’: key takeaways from Asia's first mobile journalism conference
- Voice for the voiceless: smartphones are the weapon of choice to tell stories from Syrian civil war
- Sustainable newsroom: relevance and trust are key for successful crowdfunding