The study, conducted by Iowa-based publisher, Harlan Newspapers, involved months of analysis of web readership data. It found that its visitors preferred local news, weather, sports and advertising.
The site will now be revamped to remove national news and other general features and to add an advanced archive search feature plus more local news such as police, sheriff and courthouse reports.
Free daily newsletter
- US magazines agree new guidelines on tablet edition metrics
- Amid protests, Hungary faces US pressure over media regulation
- Al Jazeera English hits US screens after New York cable deal
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk - work directory for freelancers
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk - freelance job listings