As the pandemic has reduced opportunities to meet and share knowledge with senior peers, Journalism.co.uk decided to launch a mentoring programme that will pair experienced industry professionals with local and regional journalists in the UK who are passionate about innovation in their newsroom.
The objective is to create relationships and provide space to exchange actionable ideas about innovation.
This programme is for you if:
- You are working in a local or a regional newsroom in the UK
- You are working on - or want to create - a new idea, tool or strategy in your newsroom and need some guidance
Our eight mentors can help journalists in these areas:
- Organisational strategy and newsroom management
- Audience engagement or growth
- Membership and crowdfunding
- Using AI in the newsroom
- Innovative storytelling techniques
- Workforce issues (mental wellbeing, diversity and inclusion etc.)
- Digital transformation
- Podcasting and audio storytelling
- Social media strategy
- ...and more
Click here to learn more about the application process and our mentors. The deadline for applications has been extended until Monday 14 February 2022 at 23:59 BST
The programme is supported by:
United Robots AB is a Swedish technology company working in automated editorial content. The company leverages structured data to provide publishers with automatically generated content about sports, real estate, traffic, weather, local businesses and the stock market.
Utopia Analytics is a Finnish company that enables automated moderation of reader comments and cuts down the publishing delay. Inappropriate behaviour, bullying, hate speech, discrimination, sexual harassment and spam are filtered out 24/7 so teams can focus on moderation policy management.