Y-Cymro, the weekly newspaper for North Wales, is now produced in digital format and is automatically emailed each week to subscribers. The electronic version is an exact replica of the print edition with features that help readers to navigate, zoom and search the text.
"We decided to introduced the service to attract new readers, but there has been a demand for the service from people all around the world," said Myfanwi Griffiths, deputy editor of Y-Cymro.
The print edition of the newspaper has a readership of around 4,500, but the publishers expect many new subscriptions for the 'paperless' version from Welsh readers based overseas.
Free daily newsletter
- Inclusive Journalism Cymru wants to diversify Welsh newsrooms
- A searchable court case database aims to improve reporting on public interest stories
- South Wales' Caerphilly Observer to launch print edition
- NUJ calls for action over Welsh media 'crisis'
- #jsc UK media must provide more information on Welsh issues, says Welsh Assembly minister