The Guardian, the Independent on Sunday, and the Times also took home gongs at last night's ceremony.
The Guardian's Alexis Petridis was awarded the Record Reviews Writer of the Year award, while the paper also took away the Best Music Coverage in a Newspaper prize.
An article by Caitlin Moran on Lady Gaga in the Times led her to victory for Feature of the Year while Simon Price of the Independent on Sunday was named Writer of the Year.
Former associate editor of NME Charles Shaar Murray was awarded the outstanding contribution to music journalism award, telling the audience "this just proves that if you stick around long enough, and stay alive long enough, you get your props."
"Once again, we had more votes, and at a higher calibre, than ever, and the stature of the awards continues to grow," Paul Scaife, founder and publisher of Record of The Day said in a release.
"Last year's student winner found himself fast-tracked to freelance success, and I hope this award grows in importance."
See the full list of winners at this link.
Free daily newsletter
- Inside 3 organisations' approach to community-minded journalism
- Your Voice Ohio's take on collaborative journalism starts with community events
- Working with its members, Republik wants to show there is demand for reader-funded journalism in Switzerland
- Tip: Advice for making events a part of your newsroom's engagement strategy
- Otherworld aims to make local news and events relevant through location-based storytelling