TimesSelect hosts the Times newspaper's archives and is home to exclusive columns, previews as well as tracking and storing tools.
"We want students to have unfettered access to the full, rich content of The New York Times, especially the varied opinions expressed by the 22 columnists whose voices are heard through TimesSelect," said Vivian Schiller, general manager of NYTimes.com.
"We hope the ideas presented by our columnists will spark dialogue on campuses across the country and encourage students to consider their own opinions on the issues of the day, from the situation in Darfur to events happening closer to home."
Free daily newsletter
- Prioritising the reading experience at The Times: Why the paywall prompts radical thinking inside the newsroom
- The lock screen battle: How The New York Times, CNN and BuzzFeed News pushed the Trump-FBI story to mobile readers
- With Times Insider, The NYT is offering readers a behind-the-scenes look at the newsroom
- Podcasts, eyewitness media and new models in digital publishing: Highlights from newsrewired
- Fact-checking and Facebook Live: How publishers are covering the EU referendum