The awards are open to entries for English-language web journalism published between 1 July 2003 and 30 June 2004.
Following a review by the awards committee, this year is set to see some changes to the rules and the organisation of some categories. Details of changes will be posted on the ONA website as soon as they are disclosed.
Winners of the 2003 awards included Space.com for its coverage of the Columbia shuttle disaster and Salon.com for Day of the Dead, a report on the mysterious deaths of several hundred women in Texas.
More news on dotJournalism:
Award candidates revealed
ONA announces conference speakers
Online News Association: http://www.journalists.org/awards/about/index.html
Free daily newsletter
- ONA launches set of guidelines to support news organisations working with eyewitness media
- ONA receives funding to expand local journalism programme
- ONA launches project to 'build your own ethics code'
- AP-Google scholars in digital journalism announced
- Ten lessons for digital journalists from #ONA12