The appointment is part of Reuters' plan to expand its digital news services for the consumer market. Mr Wright will be based in New York, leading editorial services across the internet, mobile services and interactive TV.
Mr Wright was formerly editor-in-chief and managing editor for US news site MSNBC.com, and has 30 years' experience in journalism including work for America Online, Time, the Associated Press and the San Jose Mercury News.
More news from dotJournalism:
Reuters goes underground
Reuters appoints online ed
Union confronts Reuters on job cut plans
Free daily newsletter
- David Higgerson, chief audience officer, Reach plc, on overcoming leadership challenges during the pandemic
- Daniell Morrisey: How to prepare a killer CV
- How can London-based media organisations leverage talent outside the capital?
- 10 ways Journalism.co.uk can help you smash your 2019 career goals
- Why Business Insider is coming to the UK