Herald Digital is published from Monday to Saturday at 6am. It includes RSS feeds, magnification tools, a scrollable index, text search, hyperlinked adverts, web addresses and emails and a 30-day archive.
Stories can also be translated into 11 languages and users can save and share their favourite stories.
Users can sign up for a three-day free trial after which the digital subscription will be available for less than the print newspaper.
The Herald worked with Canada-based firm Newspaper Direct, which specialises in digital versions of daily newspapers. Herald Digital will be developed to include audio and video including podcasts, spoken versions of all stories and mobile services.
Free daily newsletter
- New policing and crime publication launches in Scotland
- Gender Gap Tracker shows inequality in quoting male and female experts
- Scottish Parliament to debate a motion criticising handling of FOI requests from journalists
- The Ferret launches fact-checking service, aiming to work with its community to verify claims
- Discourse Media plans in-depth reporting on six key issues in Canada with new beat structure