Regret The Error reports on corrections, retractions and errors in the mainstream press, and last week rounded up leaders written by editors who wrongly reported the fate of 13 West Virginia miners caught in an underground explosion.
Started in April 2005, the blog is becoming a cathartic online haunt for news industry people. Canadian features writer Craig Silverman also recently produced a list of 2005's most heinous acts of plagiarism and has been doing the rounds on radio to discuss accuracy in media.
More news from journalism.co.uk:
Webzine accuses columnist of plagiarism
BBC News drops comment moderation
NewsWatch returns to root out bad journalism
Free daily newsletter
- What will the next decade look like for journalism?
- BBC Shared Data Unit inspires data journalism teams across the UK to collaborate on public interest stories
- Weekly journalism news update: 'automated journalism', sustainable newsrooms and Newsrewired
- BBC calls on Ofcom to help with transition from the analogue era to the digital world
- Six tips to improve the audio quality of your podcast