Sky News has joined forces with video-sharing website SkyCast to launch a 'reporters' challenge'.
The aim is for members of Second Life to create video reports on things they think have news value and relevance to the virtual community.
Reports will then be hosted on skycast.com with the best entries run on the Sky News website.
Virtual news hounds need to collect a Sky News microphone from the foyer of the Sky's virtual newsroom and put together a two-minute piece. The closing date for entries is September 30.
Free daily newsletter
- So you want to be a newsreader?
- How news organisations are starting to tackle the lack of diversity in sports journalism
- Advice for sourcing eyewitness media from social networks
- Disrupting the narrative: Telling stories with 360-degree video
- A storytelling exercise: Opportunities for publishers on Snapchat Discover