"We are an organisation for established sports journalists, but we also receive a regular number of enquiries from those considering a career about the best route into the profession," Steven Downes, secretary of the SJA, told Journalism.co.uk.
"With so many courses offering qualifications in journalism, and sports journalism, while we cannot offer any endorsements - that's what the NCTJ already does very well - we felt it was an obvious development for our website to gather available information in one place and ally that to the insight and experience which our members can offer."
The SJA is providing budding sports hacks with news and listings of sports journalism degree, post-grad qualifications and recognised training courses in the UK.
The site will also provide advice on work experience to would-be sports journalist by those already in the profession.
Free daily newsletter
- Advice for staying safe when interviewing dangerous people
- Speakers from CNN and Reuters to share insights at newsrewired, 7 March
- New initiative Lookout360° is offering training and mentorship to help journalists produce immersive stories on climate change
- Tip: Use these free training materials from ProPublica's Data Institute
- Tip: Remember this advice for getting started as a sports journalist