"We are an organisation for established sports journalists, but we also receive a regular number of enquiries from those considering a career about the best route into the profession," Steven Downes, secretary of the SJA, told Journalism.co.uk.
"With so many courses offering qualifications in journalism, and sports journalism, while we cannot offer any endorsements - that's what the NCTJ already does very well - we felt it was an obvious development for our website to gather available information in one place and ally that to the insight and experience which our members can offer."
The SJA is providing budding sports hacks with news and listings of sports journalism degree, post-grad qualifications and recognised training courses in the UK.
The site will also provide advice on work experience to would-be sports journalist by those already in the profession.
Free daily newsletter
- Facebook launches free online training for journalists
- 'It's a lot about who you know, and they rarely know anyone': Helping refugee journalists restart work
- Tip: Check out this list of free digital resources for newsrooms of any size
- Media24 is training students in South Africa to set up news websites for their schools
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for organising a coding event