How is it of use to journalists? If there are a number of websites you check regularly, you can save time by monitoring them with this handy tool instead.
Isitupdated.com allows you to input as many URLs as you like and receive email notifications when they are updated.
Screenshot from isitupdated.com
Similar to changedetection, it is also a great way for monitoring websites which do not have RSS.
To save yourself from drowning in notifications, you can also choose how often you want the platform to email you – every 15 minutes, every hour, every 12 hours or no more than once a day.
You can also set parameters for how much of the website must be changed in order for you to get a notification, which is useful if you don't want to be notified of small changes such as typo corrections.
The platform, which launched this week, is also available in Swedish and German.
Free daily newsletter
- Why storytelling ‘is still everything', despite new journalism tools
- NPR's visuals team is using an analytics bot to measure if people care about stories
- 3 tools for licensing and copyrighting photographs
- Tip: Check out 12 of the best content creation tools
- Tool for journalists: TapeWrite, for adding text and image cards to your podcasts