Trinity Mirror said it aims to 'drive and diversify digital growth' with new appointments
A statement from the regional publisher said the changes were part of a plan to "drive and diversify digital growth".
The announcement comes alongside news of a senior management restructure, with the appointment of three managing directors to oversee print and digital publishing, as well as a managing director for digital marketing and a digital publishing director.
A statement from Trinity Mirror said the restructure would see a "more focused reporting structure that will help Trinity Mirror Regionals further accelerate development from a newspaper business into a multimedia business".
The full list of senior appointments is as follows:
- Steve Anderson-Dixon appointed managing director for the publishing businesses in the North West, Manchester and North & South Wales
- Simon Edgley appointed managing director for the publishing businesses in the South, Midlands and North East
- Sara Wilde appointed managing director – commercial, Trinity Mirror Regionals
- David Higgerson appointed to the newly-created role of digital publishing director
- Phil Machray, in addition to his role as chief operating officer, has been appointed managing director – digital marketing services.
Harvey said: "I am delighted to make these appointments as we will now have in place a management structure that matches our strategic intent to diversify our revenues and accelerate our growth into a multimedia business."
Following the November announcement of a 7 per cent drop in advertising revenues and 3 per cent in circulation revenue over the four months to the end of October, Trinity Mirror Regional said last week that it had implemented a pay freeze for all staff, "the board, all management and employees of the group".
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Get into the habit of archiving your work
- An Italian media group's approach to making social video work for local news
- Podcasts, eyewitness media and new models in digital publishing: Highlights from newsrewired
- 3 things fact-checking Brexit taught me about journalism
- Key insights into today's digital news consumption from latest RISJ report