Trinity Mirror said it aims to 'drive and diversify digital growth' with new appointments
A statement from the regional publisher said the changes were part of a plan to "drive and diversify digital growth".
The announcement comes alongside news of a senior management restructure, with the appointment of three managing directors to oversee print and digital publishing, as well as a managing director for digital marketing and a digital publishing director.
A statement from Trinity Mirror said the restructure would see a "more focused reporting structure that will help Trinity Mirror Regionals further accelerate development from a newspaper business into a multimedia business".
The full list of senior appointments is as follows:
- Steve Anderson-Dixon appointed managing director for the publishing businesses in the North West, Manchester and North & South Wales
- Simon Edgley appointed managing director for the publishing businesses in the South, Midlands and North East
- Sara Wilde appointed managing director – commercial, Trinity Mirror Regionals
- David Higgerson appointed to the newly-created role of digital publishing director
- Phil Machray, in addition to his role as chief operating officer, has been appointed managing director – digital marketing services.
Harvey said: "I am delighted to make these appointments as we will now have in place a management structure that matches our strategic intent to diversify our revenues and accelerate our growth into a multimedia business."
Following the November announcement of a 7 per cent drop in advertising revenues and 3 per cent in circulation revenue over the four months to the end of October, Trinity Mirror Regional said last week that it had implemented a pay freeze for all staff, "the board, all management and employees of the group".
Free daily newsletter
- The Bureau Local held a hack day in five cities to investigate voter power ahead of the UK election
- Tip: Hiring in your newsroom? Here's what you should bear in mind
- Tip: Remember these pointers to find relevant sources in your area
- Announcing the agenda for July’s newsrewired
- Advice from BBC News and Trinity Mirror for introducing debunking into the newsroom