More than two million people are registered with hotgroup's recruitment sites, which include jobsfinancial, planetrecruit and workthing.com.
The Trinity Mirror group publishes several major UK newspapers and their websites including mirror.co.uk, people.co.uk and dailyrecord.co.uk. The hotgroup purchase is the company's latest move to acquire profitable online services that supplement newspaper advertising revenues.
Trinity Mirror recently bagged graduate recruitment site GAAPweb.com and property site Smartnewhomes.com.
"We see exciting opportunities for the management and continued development of the hotgroup alongside our existing recruitment advertising businesses," said Sly Bailey, chief executive of Trinity Mirror.
"The acquisition is consistent with our strategy of growing Trinity Mirror's core classified franchises both on- and off-line."
More news from journalism.co.uk:
Mail group expands online job search portfolio
News round-up: Murdoch's merry spending spree
Daily Mail hedges bets with job site purchase
Free daily newsletter
- Otherworld aims to make local news and events relevant through location-based storytelling
- Advice from BBC News and Trinity Mirror for introducing debunking into the newsroom
- Can publishers ‘good-ad’ their way out of the ad-blocking phenomenon?
- NRS: Most of national audience now mobile-only at 4 UK newspapers
- 'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness' – Q&A with Alison Gow