Around five million households now have high-speed DSL broadband connections after an increase of 20 per cent in the first quarter of 2005.
The findings put the UK seventh in the world for the total number of DSL broadband connections behind China, USA, Japan, Germany, France and South Korea.
More news from dotJournalism:
Wake-up call for print magazines
BBC talks up broadband
Online advertising on the up-and-up
Free daily newsletter
- BBC 100 Women celebrates female trailblazers around the world
- Five ways the BBC will boost its audience engagement in 2019
- How BBC Africa Eye used open-source tools to debunk myths around that video of murder in Cameroon
- German non-profit CORRECTIV to replicate the successful investigative journalism model used by the Bureau Local
- BBC experiments with new virtual studio to better explain the news to young people across Africa