Around five million households now have high-speed DSL broadband connections after an increase of 20 per cent in the first quarter of 2005.
The findings put the UK seventh in the world for the total number of DSL broadband connections behind China, USA, Japan, Germany, France and South Korea.
More news from dotJournalism:
Wake-up call for print magazines
BBC talks up broadband
Online advertising on the up-and-up
Free daily newsletter
- From social media to in-story experiences, chat bots help the BBC 'do things faster and at scale'
- BBC's VR Hub launches its first news documentary to explore the water politics of the river Nile
- The importance of 'cultural absorption' when writing a book fit for the small screen
- BBC Ideas aims to inform and entertain audiences with short factual videos
- BBC #newsHACK: Where journalists and developers collaborate on solutions to the media industry's challenges