Around five million households now have high-speed DSL broadband connections after an increase of 20 per cent in the first quarter of 2005.
The findings put the UK seventh in the world for the total number of DSL broadband connections behind China, USA, Japan, Germany, France and South Korea.
More news from dotJournalism:
Wake-up call for print magazines
BBC talks up broadband
Online advertising on the up-and-up
Free daily newsletter
- How international collaboration helps investigative journalists overcome challenges
- Newsrewired March 2019: seven main takeaways
- Finding solutions to local issues: how SoJo stories saved French regional publisher from collapse
- BBC Local News Partnerships: how breaking out of the London bubble can strengthen the news agenda
- Local Democracy Reporters supply 850 regional titles with public interest stories