Around five million households now have high-speed DSL broadband connections after an increase of 20 per cent in the first quarter of 2005.
The findings put the UK seventh in the world for the total number of DSL broadband connections behind China, USA, Japan, Germany, France and South Korea.
More news from dotJournalism:
Wake-up call for print magazines
BBC talks up broadband
Online advertising on the up-and-up
Free daily newsletter
- German non-profit CORRECTIV to replicate the successful investigative journalism model used by the Bureau Local
- BBC experiments with new virtual studio to better explain the news to young people across Africa
- Data sharing is caring: BBC boosts local news output through its Shared Data Unit
- From social media to in-story experiences, chat bots help the BBC 'do things faster and at scale'
- BBC's VR Hub launches its first news documentary to explore the water politics of the river Nile