Around five million households now have high-speed DSL broadband connections after an increase of 20 per cent in the first quarter of 2005.
The findings put the UK seventh in the world for the total number of DSL broadband connections behind China, USA, Japan, Germany, France and South Korea.
More news from dotJournalism:
Wake-up call for print magazines
BBC talks up broadband
Online advertising on the up-and-up
Free daily newsletter
- 'Cinematic journalism': why China Daily used 360° footage to preserve Hong Kong riots in time
- What will the next decade look like for journalism?
- How news organisations in Asia-Pacific are getting readers to pay attention
- BBC Shared Data Unit inspires data journalism teams across the UK to collaborate on public interest stories
- Weekly journalism news update: 'automated journalism', sustainable newsrooms and Newsrewired