Yahoo! 360° invites users to build their own profile page incorporating their blog postings, Flickr photographs, reviews of local events and restaurants, links to friends' blogs and discussion groups as well as lists of favourite TV, books and music releases.
The UK version is being launched in beta and has been developed using research and feedback from the US version, launched in March 2005.
Rupert Murdoch's recently acquired MySpace network is also set to launch a UK version, expected in early March.
Murdoch bought the social networking site for $580 million in July 2005 and the site is a key part of News Corporation's internet strategy.
Around one million of MySpace's 50 million registered users are in the UK. MySpace UK will be promoted on other News Corporation platforms such as Sun Online and Times Online and will initially aim to build its audience through the UK music scene.
Free daily newsletter
- Four journalists experiment with kid-friendly podcast to inform under-12s about the news
- How news outlets can make native ads work for them
- Adam Smith and Fréderic Michel to appear before Leveson
- Sir Harold: 'Fatal miscalculation' over Murdoch's 1981 bid
- Sir Harold on leaving the Times: I was 'disgusted, dismayed and demoralised'