"The injuries were not fatal" are words often printed after a violent crime, such as a shooting or stabbing.
Often, news organisations leave the story there, but podcaster Amber Hunt says the injured person's story starts there.
Hunt's new podcast, Aftermath, features people who have survived gunshots, finding out how their lives have changed in the fallout.
In this weeks episode, we asked her about how she found her interviews and dealt with them sensitively, given that all of them are dealing with trauma after their experiences.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Create universal links to your podcast
- 2020 challenge: retain new subscribers in a post-pandemic world
- How can we improve team communication in times of working from home?
- World’s leading expert on design thinking to give keynote at Newsrewired
- Newsrewired to offer 40 virtual places to local journalists thanks to support from the Google News Initiative