Smart home devices can turn your home into a smart hub, one that can lock doors for you, play your music on demand and even answer any questions you may have.
Chances are that if you have not got one, you know someone who does.
But are you and your news organisation unlocking the potential of these devices to reach wider audiences?
In this week's podcast, we speak to Peter Stewart, a social media and digital producer who has been experimenting in this space, running Flash Briefings for a range of publishers.
He tells us how Alexa flash briefings can offer journalists another space to connect with their audience on a regular basis with on demand audio clips, and how you join news organisations like CNN, BBC and Quartz to get started yourself.
Free daily newsletter
- Difficulty to monetise content holds publishers back from innovating on voice platforms
- Five ways the BBC will boost its audience engagement in 2019
- Five lessons from the Guardian's membership strategy, three years on
- How news app Kinzen will enable users to create their own daily news routine
- With local investigative journalism increasingly under threat, do we need new business models for news?