Smart home devices can turn your home into a smart hub, one that can lock doors for you, play your music on demand and even answer any questions you may have.
Chances are that if you have not got one, you know someone who does.
But are you and your news organisation unlocking the potential of these devices to reach wider audiences?
In this week's podcast, we speak to Peter Stewart, a social media and digital producer who has been experimenting in this space, running Flash Briefings for a range of publishers.
He tells us how Alexa flash briefings can offer journalists another space to connect with their audience on a regular basis with on demand audio clips, and how you join news organisations like CNN, BBC and Quartz to get started yourself.
Free daily newsletter
- We need to radically rethink news storytelling if we want audiences to listen
- A searchable court case database aims to improve reporting on public interest stories
- 2020 challenge: retain new subscribers in a post-pandemic world
- How The Conversation leveraged 'coronabump' to build loyal audience
- “We need to pay close attention to news fatigue and news avoidance”