Smart home devices can turn your home into a smart hub, one that can lock doors for you, play your music on demand and even answer any questions you may have.
Chances are that if you have not got one, you know someone who does.
But are you and your news organisation unlocking the potential of these devices to reach wider audiences?
In this week's podcast, we speak to Peter Stewart, a social media and digital producer who has been experimenting in this space, running Flash Briefings for a range of publishers.
He tells us how Alexa flash briefings can offer journalists another space to connect with their audience on a regular basis with on demand audio clips, and how you join news organisations like CNN, BBC and Quartz to get started yourself.
Free daily newsletter
- Report: Audiences are ditching Facebook for sharing news, favouring the ‘safe space’ of private messaging apps
- The Economist and Slate collaborate on The Secret History of the Future to share audiences and expertise
- Why your news organisation should get started with Alexa Flash Briefings
- How collaborative podcast The Secret History of the Future aims to bring US audiences to The Economist
- Crowdsourcing, engagement and 360-degree video: Here is your weekly journalism news update