With most news outlets experiencing huge leaps in traffic from smartphones and tablets, many organisations are paying much closer attention to ways of producing content for smaller screens and new ways of engaging a growing mobile audience.
In this week's podcast, mobile editors and experts from The Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Knight Lab and Hearst Magazines UK, share their tips for mobile-first strategies and engaging a mobile news audience.
We speak to:
- Damon Kiesow, senior product manager, The Boston Globe
- David Ho, editor of mobile, tablets and emerging technology, The Wall Street Journal
- Etan Horowitz, mobile editor, CNN
- Miranda Mulligan, executive director, Knight Lab at Northwestern University
- Lee Wilkinson, digital product director, Hearst Magazines UK
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- New podcast The Tip Off aims to take listeners behind the scenes of investigative journalism in the UK
- How the Swedish Radio digital task force works with the newsroom
- Tip: Check out this advice for improving your voice on air
- 'It's a 24/7 operation' – Lessons from CNN en Marcha, one year on
- The lock screen battle: How The New York Times, CNN and BuzzFeed News pushed the Trump-FBI story to mobile readers