With most news outlets experiencing huge leaps in traffic from smartphones and tablets, many organisations are paying much closer attention to ways of producing content for smaller screens and new ways of engaging a growing mobile audience.
In this week's podcast, mobile editors and experts from The Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Knight Lab and Hearst Magazines UK, share their tips for mobile-first strategies and engaging a mobile news audience.
We speak to:
- Damon Kiesow, senior product manager, The Boston Globe
- David Ho, editor of mobile, tablets and emerging technology, The Wall Street Journal
- Etan Horowitz, mobile editor, CNN
- Miranda Mulligan, executive director, Knight Lab at Northwestern University
- Lee Wilkinson, digital product director, Hearst Magazines UK
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: 3 ways to make your voice sound better on air
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- 'The ability to adapt a tool is more important than the ability to use it': Making open source sustainable
- Today, Explained: A look at Vox's daily news explainer podcast
- The Engaged Journalism Accelerator will focus on sustainability in European independent newsrooms