With most news outlets experiencing huge leaps in traffic from smartphones and tablets, many organisations are paying much closer attention to ways of producing content for smaller screens and new ways of engaging a growing mobile audience.
In this week's podcast, mobile editors and experts from The Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Knight Lab and Hearst Magazines UK, share their tips for mobile-first strategies and engaging a mobile news audience.
We speak to:
- Damon Kiesow, senior product manager, The Boston Globe
- David Ho, editor of mobile, tablets and emerging technology, The Wall Street Journal
- Etan Horowitz, mobile editor, CNN
- Miranda Mulligan, executive director, Knight Lab at Northwestern University
- Lee Wilkinson, digital product director, Hearst Magazines UK
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab is working to elevate podcasts with a new player for the mobile web
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab built an audio player to make podcast listening on mobile more interactive
- How audio journalism can boost engagement
- Speakers from CNN and Reuters to share insights at newsrewired, 7 March
- CAST: A project building a community news network in Armenia trialled an alternative to expensive mobile data