With most news outlets experiencing huge leaps in traffic from smartphones and tablets, many organisations are paying much closer attention to ways of producing content for smaller screens and new ways of engaging a growing mobile audience.
In this week's podcast, mobile editors and experts from The Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Knight Lab and Hearst Magazines UK, share their tips for mobile-first strategies and engaging a mobile news audience.
We speak to:
- Damon Kiesow, senior product manager, The Boston Globe
- David Ho, editor of mobile, tablets and emerging technology, The Wall Street Journal
- Etan Horowitz, mobile editor, CNN
- Miranda Mulligan, executive director, Knight Lab at Northwestern University
- Lee Wilkinson, digital product director, Hearst Magazines UK
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- How publishers can get their community back from social media
- Changing the metrics of success: How CNN has been experimenting with messaging apps
- What influences people's decisions about trusting and engaging with news?
- Tip: Here's how to identify and fix issues when working with audio
- TLS sees an opportunity for growth in longform, subscription-based journalism