The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for getting started with Periscope
- Collaboration in the newsroom is key to The Economist's success on social media
- 5 ways to get more people to tune in to your Facebook Live videos
- WATCH: Audience engagement tips from Kristen Taylor, former community editor at Serial Season 2
- 5 trends to watch in mobile-first news