The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- Using Facebook reactions, Aftenposten's editor-in-chief assesses the network's editorial role
- Japan’s NHK is experimenting with one-minute documentaries for social media
- Tip: Check out this advice for improving the reach of your podcast
- France Info has been drawing the news and taking fact-checking to the streets
- The GENII project encourages student journalists from six countries to collaborate on stories