The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- How to crack Snapchat and Instagram through ‘Stories’
- UK news brands are often ignored or misremembered when accessed via search or social media, study finds
- Tip: 3 ways to make your headlines stand out on social media
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for telling captivating audio stories
- Reuters Institute report prompts optimism about readers' appreciation of journalism