The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- The latest Global News Relay is tackling solutions journalism in 10 countries
- Tip: Learn how to restrict your internet access to focus on writing
- How publishers can get their community back from social media
- Highlight your expertise and be there to listen: The dos and don'ts of building trust with readers on Facebook
- Tip: Remember these pointers for taking pictures that do your stories justice