The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this list of tools for creating social media posts
- Tip: How to produce captivating Instagram Stories
- App for journalists: Tailor, for stitching your iPhone's screenshots together
- 5 tips for getting started with making a podcast musical
- NewsNow started a petition against the proposed publisher's right in EU copyright law