The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- How the BBC used Yik Yak to get young people to talk politics and mental health
- Tip: Check out this comprehensive guide to Snapchat for journalists
- 5 reasons why publishers should consider developing a news app
- WATCH: How the data team at the FT is moving forward as audiences go mobile
- Tip: Check out these verification tools for social media newsgathering