The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- Responding to digital change: Insights from The Huffington Post
- NRS: More than half of Telegraph's national readership is mobile-only
- Tip: How to engage with your podcast audience on social media
- How can Periscope's latest updates help reporters with newsgathering?
- Tip: Learn how to take better photos with your mobile device