The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Where to find inspiration when you need story ideas
- Report: Nearly a quarter of news articles include social media embeds
- Tip: Try out these tools to introduce more audio into your stories
- How BBC Minute aims to engage young people with global radio news
- Tip: Here's how to keep your professional and personal contacts separate on Facebook