The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- Reuters Institute's Digital News Report finds a decline in social media usage for news for the first time in seven years
- Tip: 3 ways to make your voice sound better on air
- 'This is about the death of the newsfeed': Stories may soon become the core of social media
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- 'The ability to adapt a tool is more important than the ability to use it': Making open source sustainable