The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- Distributed news: How BuzzFeed curates stories for social platforms
- 'Know how to fail fast and to thine own self be true' – Q&A with WSJ's Carla Zanoni
- Tip: Check out this guide to verifying images using Google Earth
- 3 key research findings about social media usage in the Middle East and North Africa
- Distributed news: Inside Fusion's social storytelling team