The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- 5 key research findings on distributed content strategies from INMA
- Tip: Here's how to get started with Facebook Live successfully
- Two BBC local radio stations experiment with 24 hours of mobile journalism
- Tip: Check out these 13 tools to help you tackle social media more effectively
- The challenges of making online video pay