The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- How to broadcast live with another person on Instagram
- What makes a good audio story?
- Tip: Check out this toolkit for shooting 360-degree video on mobile
- The Everyday Projects challenge stereotypes through photography and Instagram communities