Would you be brave enough to invite an audience to literally ask you anything?
This week's podcast hears from a journalist who has done just that on Reddit, plus other ways in which newsrooms are using the social news site to source stories, gain feedback and engage users.
Plus there are tips for journalists who fancy doing their own Ask Me Anything.
We speak to:
- Benji Lanyado, developer, former journalist and founder of The Reddit Edit
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, VICE
- Nazanine Moshiri, roving correspondent, Al Jazeera English
Free daily newsletter
- With a new app and Facebook Messenger bot, Al Jazeera Media Network is expanding into digital audio
- 'We're all in this together': Tips from Vice for women starting out in journalism
- How BBC News is experimenting with Instagram Stories to engage younger audiences
- Why digital-born publishers are key to the coverage of climate change
- 'We don't want to short-change our audience': Al Jazeera's take on Facebook Live