Would you be brave enough to invite an audience to literally ask you anything?
This week's podcast hears from a journalist who has done just that on Reddit, plus other ways in which newsrooms are using the social news site to source stories, gain feedback and engage users.
Plus there are tips for journalists who fancy doing their own Ask Me Anything.
We speak to:
- Benji Lanyado, developer, former journalist and founder of The Reddit Edit
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, VICE
- Nazanine Moshiri, roving correspondent, Al Jazeera English
Free daily newsletter
- Stories with significant social referrals have longer 'lifespan'
- How CASM is exploring new tools for Twitter analysis
- Tip: Check out these techniques for newsgathering on Twitter
- Tip: Check out these updated social media guidelines from the BBC
- 10 apps and tools for monitoring a location or local patch