Coronavirus is a concerning topic for all of us, but especially so for the youngest of news consumers.
In this week's podcast, we speak to De'Graft Mensah, presenter, BBC Newsround about all the considerations journalists have to make when it comes to kids news.
A children's news bulletin is not all fun and games; there comes a point when they have to broach difficult subjects - right now, that is the covid-19 pandemic. Mensah explains how journalists shoulder the weight of this responsibilty at what is a crucial time in their audiences' lives.
In this week’s podcast, @JPGJournalism talks to @hazelbakernews about the different forms of #coronavirus mis- and disinformation— Journalism.co.uk (@journalismnews) April 3, 2020
Check out the full interview here: https://t.co/Q7gIoFu8GX
or, find us on:
Free daily newsletter
- A journalism student’s survival guide to online lectures
- Documenting India's migrant crisis with smartphones and bicycles
- Under 35s feel 'less anxious' about getting news from trusted brands than on social media
- Financial Times' three-step plan to drive subscriptions
- New children's book helps introduce ideas of constructive journalism at home