Coronavirus is a concerning topic for all of us, but especially so for the youngest of news consumers.
In this week's podcast, we speak to De'Graft Mensah, presenter, BBC Newsround about all the considerations journalists have to make when it comes to kids news.
A children's news bulletin is not all fun and games; there comes a point when they have to broach difficult subjects - right now, that is the covid-19 pandemic. Mensah explains how journalists shoulder the weight of this responsibilty at what is a crucial time in their audiences' lives.
In this week’s podcast, @JPGJournalism talks to @hazelbakernews about the different forms of #coronavirus mis- and disinformation— Journalism.co.uk (@journalismnews) April 3, 2020
Check out the full interview here: https://t.co/Q7gIoFu8GX
or, find us on:
Free daily newsletter
- Six tips to make your journalism career thrive during and after lockdown
- From gloom to boom: how to leverage the 'coronabump' subscription surge
- How coronavirus is putting solutions journalism in the spotlight
- Covering covid-19 with a solutions lens: six insights from The Guardian
- How to do solutions journalism from home