Most editors are able to instantly tell you their key metrics like the number of monthly users, article clicks or trending topics.
But they do not know what they do not know - namely what are the main factors that make their readers trust, or mistrust, their brand.
US-based startup Credder provides Rotten Tomatoes-style user rating tool that offers publishers detailed insights into how trustworthy their content is according to their audience. This knowledge can be priceless as numerous studies show that trust in the brand is one of the main factors that make readers pay for news content.
Save the date: our next Journalism.co.uk social is on Tuesday, 9 July at The Parcel Yard pub near King's Cross. There will be no pitching, presentations or dress codes, just a (very informal) chance to meet and chat with other journos and news industry professionals. See you there!
Free daily newsletter
- A journalist's guide to open-source tools
- The Economist uses sports coverage to grow its audience
- Newsrooms that do not personalise content are missing out on 'vital' opportunities to grow
- Robot journalists revive hyperlocal communities left behind by declining regional media
- Trust in news, membership models and Gen Z: here is your weekly journalism update