Most editors are able to instantly tell you their key metrics like the number of monthly users, article clicks or trending topics.
But they do not know what they do not know - namely what are the main factors that make their readers trust, or mistrust, their brand.
US-based startup Credder provides Rotten Tomatoes-style user rating tool that offers publishers detailed insights into how trustworthy their content is according to their audience. This knowledge can be priceless as numerous studies show that trust in the brand is one of the main factors that make readers pay for news content.
Save the date: our next Journalism.co.uk social is on Tuesday, 9 July at The Parcel Yard pub near King's Cross. There will be no pitching, presentations or dress codes, just a (very informal) chance to meet and chat with other journos and news industry professionals. See you there!
Free daily newsletter
- Dmitry Shishkin, chief content officer of Culture Trip, on converting subscribers, evergreen content and automated commissioning
- AI-powered journalism: a time-saver or an accident waiting to happen?
- "Artificial intelligence is not the future - it is happening right now"
- Keynote speaker Dmitry Shishkin, chief content officer at Culture Trip, joins Newsrewired
- What do reporters of tomorrow need to know about investigative journalism today?