As the popularity of video-streaming apps grow, along with the digital revolution in mobile technology, journalists have found a new way of telling stories. News organisations across the world are beginning to use Snapchat and Periscope to report on international stories, such as the current refugee crisis.
This week we speak to:
- Ravin Sampat, senior audience engagement producer, BBC
- Paul Ronzheimer, reporter, BILD
- Tyler Borchers, senior audience strategy editor, TIME
Sign up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed
Free daily newsletter
- What skills will journalists need in 2020?
- 'Reality is the new quality' for reporting with mobile journalism
- Five tips for shooting an on-the-road documentary with your mobile phone
- Using mobile journalism for small publishers and local news organisations
- BBC Shared Data Unit inspires data journalism teams across the UK to collaborate on public interest stories