We speak to five industry experts from local, national and international news outlets about their predictions for the big trends in digital journalism in 2014.
This includes drone journalism, responsive design, private social media and new apps and devices.
We speak to:
- Peter Bale, general manager and vice president of digital at CNN International
- Jason Mills, online editor at ITV News
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior news editor at The Washington Post
- Marc Settle trainer in smartphone journalism from the BBC College of Journalism
- Ed Walker, digital development editor at Trinity Mirror and founder/editor of hyperlocal site Blog Preston
Free daily newsletter
- New podcast The Tip Off aims to take listeners behind the scenes of investigative journalism in the UK
- Martin Baron: 'There is a business case in addition to the moral case for investigative journalism'
- How NBC News designs digital products with the audience in mind
- How the Swedish Radio digital task force works with the newsroom
- Tip: Check out this advice for improving your voice on air