We speak to five industry experts from local, national and international news outlets about their predictions for the big trends in digital journalism in 2014.
This includes drone journalism, responsive design, private social media and new apps and devices.
We speak to:
- Peter Bale, general manager and vice president of digital at CNN International
- Jason Mills, online editor at ITV News
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior news editor at The Washington Post
- Marc Settle trainer in smartphone journalism from the BBC College of Journalism
- Ed Walker, digital development editor at Trinity Mirror and founder/editor of hyperlocal site Blog Preston
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this list of tools for creating social media posts
- 5 tips for getting started with making a podcast musical
- NewsNow started a petition against the proposed publisher's right in EU copyright law
- 'Sound is the totem': Inside the podcast musical 36 Questions
- Reuters Institute report highlights UK readers' behaviours on desktop when news breaks, and the 3 news brands that come on top