We speak to five industry experts from local, national and international news outlets about their predictions for the big trends in digital journalism in 2014.
This includes drone journalism, responsive design, private social media and new apps and devices.
We speak to:
- Peter Bale, general manager and vice president of digital at CNN International
- Jason Mills, online editor at ITV News
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior news editor at The Washington Post
- Marc Settle trainer in smartphone journalism from the BBC College of Journalism
- Ed Walker, digital development editor at Trinity Mirror and founder/editor of hyperlocal site Blog Preston
Free daily newsletter
- How publishers can get their community back from social media
- What influences people's decisions about trusting and engaging with news?
- 'End of an era': How Bruzz merged radio, TV, print and online under one flag
- Tip: Here's how to identify and fix issues when working with audio
- TLS sees an opportunity for growth in longform, subscription-based journalism