We speak to five industry experts from local, national and international news outlets about their predictions for the big trends in digital journalism in 2014.
This includes drone journalism, responsive design, private social media and new apps and devices.
We speak to:
- Peter Bale, general manager and vice president of digital at CNN International
- Jason Mills, online editor at ITV News
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior news editor at The Washington Post
- Marc Settle trainer in smartphone journalism from the BBC College of Journalism
- Ed Walker, digital development editor at Trinity Mirror and founder/editor of hyperlocal site Blog Preston
Free daily newsletter
- How WNYC's Note to Self worked with its audience to start a conversation about digital privacy
- Reaching 50,000 subscribers, De Correspondent is focusing on closing the gaps between journalists and readers
- 'We are in an information war' – How journalists can begin to tackle the misinformation ecosystem
- Why a photojournalist is creating a graphic novel shaped by the audience about children in Central African Republic
- Finding Home: TIME's year-long multimedia project about the lives of refugee mothers