We speak to five industry experts from local, national and international news outlets about their predictions for the big trends in digital journalism in 2014.
This includes drone journalism, responsive design, private social media and new apps and devices.
We speak to:
- Peter Bale, general manager and vice president of digital at CNN International
- Jason Mills, online editor at ITV News
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior news editor at The Washington Post
- Marc Settle trainer in smartphone journalism from the BBC College of Journalism
- Ed Walker, digital development editor at Trinity Mirror and founder/editor of hyperlocal site Blog Preston
Free daily newsletter
- Radio bulletin BBC Minute expanded its news service to young audiences around the globe with 60-second videos
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Al Jazeera's latest virtual reality project immerses viewers with animated art
- App for journalists: Animoto, for animated video slideshows
- Tip: Bookmark these resources for planning digital initiatives in the newsroom