We speak to five industry experts from local, national and international news outlets about their predictions for the big trends in digital journalism in 2014.
This includes drone journalism, responsive design, private social media and new apps and devices.
We speak to:
- Peter Bale, general manager and vice president of digital at CNN International
- Jason Mills, online editor at ITV News
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior news editor at The Washington Post
- Marc Settle trainer in smartphone journalism from the BBC College of Journalism
- Ed Walker, digital development editor at Trinity Mirror and founder/editor of hyperlocal site Blog Preston
Free daily newsletter
- From radio journalism to digital-first: Q&A with Nick Garnett, BBC Radio 5 Live
- Feel the emotion: Live storytelling tips from The Moth
- The storytelling formats that are changing the narrative on migration
- Just be human: How The Moth works with its community to tell stories live
- The latest Global News Relay is tackling solutions journalism in 10 countries