We speak to five industry experts from local, national and international news outlets about their predictions for the big trends in digital journalism in 2014.
This includes drone journalism, responsive design, private social media and new apps and devices.
We speak to:
- Peter Bale, general manager and vice president of digital at CNN International
- Jason Mills, online editor at ITV News
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior news editor at The Washington Post
- Marc Settle trainer in smartphone journalism from the BBC College of Journalism
- Ed Walker, digital development editor at Trinity Mirror and founder/editor of hyperlocal site Blog Preston
Free daily newsletter
- The Economist launches podcast-only news subscription
- Inside the New Statesman’s award-winning podcast commercial strategy
- How to create viral news videos
- Reuters Institute trends and predictions 2023: revenue, news avoidance and tech turbulence
- Tortoise Media says its audio journalism is profitable, but its business model is not