From mobile video to podcasts and virtual reality, numerous trends shaped the media industry in 2015 and many of them are here to stay.
So what are the skills journalists should develop, or acquire in 2016, and how can they can get a head start in the process?
Our guests this week are:
- Damian Radcliffe, Carolyn S. Chambers professor in journalism at University of Oregon
- Martin Stabe, head of interactive news, Financial Times
- Lisa Pollack, head of new projects, Financial Times
- Eric Athas, editorial training manager, NPR
Free daily newsletter
- Imriel Morgan, host of Wannabe Podcast, on sustaining the impact of Black History Month
- Four journalists experiment with kid-friendly podcast to inform under-12s about the news
- How The Independent and Dennik N drive subscriptions with reader-centric metrics
- How did you get your first job as a digital journalist?
- Tip: Strategise with short-form audio content