From mobile video to podcasts and virtual reality, numerous trends shaped the media industry in 2015 and many of them are here to stay.
So what are the skills journalists should develop, or acquire in 2016, and how can they can get a head start in the process?
Our guests this week are:
- Damian Radcliffe, Carolyn S. Chambers professor in journalism at University of Oregon
- Martin Stabe, head of interactive news, Financial Times
- Lisa Pollack, head of new projects, Financial Times
- Eric Athas, editorial training manager, NPR
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Get your podcast off the ground
- Podcasts, student support, and health reporting: here is your weekly journalism news update
- Engaging local community through solutions journalism and digitising newspaper archives for voice search
- Tip: Five must-follow career strategies for digital journalists
- Financial Times launches a 'Story Playbook' to help journalists tailor content for digital readers