This year has been an exciting time to be covering the media industry, analysing the changes happening in newsrooms around the world and finding out how emerging technologies influence the day-to-day jobs of journalists.
For the final podcast episode of 2017, we take a look back at some of our favourite stories we reported on this year, outlining the key facts and offering some context around the particular developments.
This podcast points to more than 10 stories of editorial innovation in newsrooms – if we missed your favourite, tweet us a link at @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- The first podcast from Al Jazeera English used 'privileged access conversations' to take audiences beyond the story
- First speakers and training options announced for March's newsrewired
- The Telegraph takes on audio storytelling, with podcasts and news briefings on Alexa and Google Assistant
- Startups with innovative solutions for newsrooms can apply to global programme until 8 January
- Tip: Ask these questions before adopting new tools and workflows in the newsroom