This year has been an exciting time to be covering the media industry, analysing the changes happening in newsrooms around the world and finding out how emerging technologies influence the day-to-day jobs of journalists.
For the final podcast episode of 2017, we take a look back at some of our favourite stories we reported on this year, outlining the key facts and offering some context around the particular developments.
This podcast points to more than 10 stories of editorial innovation in newsrooms – if we missed your favourite, tweet us a link at @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- 'From the street to the boardroom': How Reuters’ Africa Journal produces ‘mobile-friendly’ stories on Africa
- The Economist and Slate collaborate on The Secret History of the Future to share audiences and expertise
- How collaborative podcast The Secret History of the Future aims to bring US audiences to The Economist
- 'Alexa, what's the news?': How Flash Briefings can help you reach wider audiences
- Tip: How to add IGTV to your social media strategy