This year has been an exciting time to be covering the media industry, analysing the changes happening in newsrooms around the world and finding out how emerging technologies influence the day-to-day jobs of journalists.
For the final podcast episode of 2017, we take a look back at some of our favourite stories we reported on this year, outlining the key facts and offering some context around the particular developments.
This podcast points to more than 10 stories of editorial innovation in newsrooms – if we missed your favourite, tweet us a link at @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- Struggling to find podcasts worth listening to? Let Piqd help you
- Difficulty to monetise content holds publishers back from innovating on voice platforms
- With local investigative journalism increasingly under threat, do we need new business models for news?
- Report: News organisations still favour Facebook despite feeling the pinch of algorithms
- 'I never want to be this dependent on one platform': Can your publication survive without Facebook?