This year has been an exciting time to be covering the media industry, analysing the changes happening in newsrooms around the world and finding out how emerging technologies influence the day-to-day jobs of journalists.
For the final podcast episode of 2017, we take a look back at some of our favourite stories we reported on this year, outlining the key facts and offering some context around the particular developments.
This podcast points to more than 10 stories of editorial innovation in newsrooms – if we missed your favourite, tweet us a link at @journalismnews.
Free daily newsletter
- Polish daily Gazeta Wyborcza smashed through its digital subscriptions target
- How 45 journalists started again, and built a profitable news business from scratch
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab is working to elevate podcasts with a new player for the mobile web
- 'Look for the sweet spot between news and context' – How to make your live streams more engaging