Fairfax is an Australian media organisation with titles ranging from newspapers that have been operating for over a hundred years, to start-up like verticals. Julie Posetti, head of digital editorial capability, is taked with bringing knowledge-sharing, training, and digital transformation together inside newsrooms.
Journalism.co.uk caught up with her at the International Journalism Festival in Italy at the beginning of April, to find out what her job title means, and what impact her role has.
• This podcast has been edited on 19 April to update information about the podcast series Phoebe's Fall.
Free daily newsletter
- Q&A: What the role 'head of digital editorial capability' means at Fairfax
- Tip: Bookmark these headline rewrites for inspiration
- Optimising for trust: Advice for news organisations to improve their relationship with the public
- How can journalists entrench the belief in the value of their work?
- Why news organisations should experiment with chat bots