On September 19, Reuters launched Africa Journal, a mobile-first video service.
The project aims to reflect the growing mobile and digital consumption of news in Africa, producing ‘short and snappy’ footage for multimedia platforms and clients every week, for both African and international audiences.
It is available to publishers as a series of daily ready-to-publish video packages, focusing on the latest tech and entrepreneurial developments on the continent.
In this week's podcast, editor Serena Chaudhry spoke to Journalism.co.uk about the motivation and momentum driving the service, and her personal connection covering the continent.
She explains how the project will tap into the digital mobile audience, offering a fresh way to report African news.
Free daily newsletter
- The old, the new and the unexpected mediums for telling human stories
- Weekly journalism news update: transcription app, journalism students and storytelling
- How to launch your podcast on a shoestring budget
- How podcasts can help local newsrooms connect with their communities
- ‘We need to use smartphones smartly’: key takeaways from Asia's first mobile journalism conference