Two new projects have been successfully crowdfunded in recent weeks, with a focus on involving the audience in the journalistic process, sourcing ideas from readers and engaging them on both business and ediorial levels.
This podcast goes into detail discussing the models of the two organisations and some of the ideas behind their foundation.
Alastair Reid speaks to:
- Sarah Hartley, editor and co-founder, Contributoria, managing director, Talk About Local
- Ian Wylie, journalist, lecturer and co-founder, The Northern Correspondent
- Adam Cantwell-Corn, community activist and co-founder, The Bristol Cable
- Alon Aviram, journalist and co-founder, The Bristol Cable
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Nic Newman of RISJ on the Reuters Digital News Report 2022
- Digital News Report 2022: 10 key themes for the future of media
- How one video publisher is preparing for the rise of augmented reality
- What journalists need to know about product thinking in 2022
- What will be the lasting legacy of the pandemic on the digital media world?