US-based web-magazine Slate has joined forces with the UK’s The Economist to publish a series of podcasts focusing on modern anxieties surrounding technology.
The collaborative ten-part series The Secret History of the Future broadcast their debut episode The Box That AI Lives In on 5 September, exploring the evolution of AI technology, guiding the audience from its origin as an 18th-century chess-machine to modern day companies like Amazon.
Deputy editor and head of digital strategy at The Economist Tom Standage talks to Journalism.co.uk about why Slate were the perfect partner for their latest project, the challenges in overseas collaboration and how they will benefit from much-needed US exposure.
Free daily newsletter
- Sustainable newsroom: relevance and trust are key for successful crowdfunding
- How personalised email can help grow your audience
- The Washington Post leverages the popularity of WhatsApp to fight fake news ahead of the 2019 Indian elections
- Podcasts: easy mistakes, golden rules and learning curves
- Tool for journalists: Outriders Network database, for discovering the best interactive storytelling projects