US-based web-magazine Slate has joined forces with the UK’s The Economist to publish a series of podcasts focusing on modern anxieties surrounding technology.
The collaborative ten-part series The Secret History of the Future broadcast their debut episode The Box That AI Lives In on 5 September, exploring the evolution of AI technology, guiding the audience from its origin as an 18th-century chess-machine to modern day companies like Amazon.
Deputy editor and head of digital strategy at The Economist Tom Standage talks to Journalism.co.uk about why Slate were the perfect partner for their latest project, the challenges in overseas collaboration and how they will benefit from much-needed US exposure.
Free daily newsletter
- The Guardian US and Eagle Eye student newspaper scoop Global Youth and News Media Prize for joint coverage on the March for Our Lives movement
- Five ways the BBC will boost its audience engagement in 2019
- How adopting a different business model can help future-proof news organisations
- Five lessons from the Guardian's membership strategy, three years on
- Newsrewired podcast: Memberships and alternative business models to support local democracy