US-based web-magazine Slate has joined forces with the UK’s The Economist to publish a series of podcasts focusing on modern anxieties surrounding technology.
The collaborative ten-part series The Secret History of the Future broadcast their debut episode The Box That AI Lives In on 5 September, exploring the evolution of AI technology, guiding the audience from its origin as an 18th-century chess-machine to modern day companies like Amazon.
Deputy editor and head of digital strategy at The Economist Tom Standage talks to Journalism.co.uk about why Slate were the perfect partner for their latest project, the challenges in overseas collaboration and how they will benefit from much-needed US exposure.
Free daily newsletter
- How to build an effective cross-border investigative team
- How to launch your own podcast on a shoestring budget
- Financial Times launches a 'Story Playbook' to help journalists tailor content for digital readers
- Pilot placement scheme to help BAME journalists break into radio and podcast
- How can the traditional media cut it with Gen Z?