US-based web-magazine Slate has joined forces with the UK’s The Economist to publish a series of podcasts focusing on modern anxieties surrounding technology.
The collaborative ten-part series The Secret History of the Future broadcast their debut episode The Box That AI Lives In on 5 September, exploring the evolution of AI technology, guiding the audience from its origin as an 18th-century chess-machine to modern day companies like Amazon.
Deputy editor and head of digital strategy at The Economist Tom Standage talks to Journalism.co.uk about why Slate were the perfect partner for their latest project, the challenges in overseas collaboration and how they will benefit from much-needed US exposure.
Free daily newsletter
- Report: Audiences are ditching Facebook for sharing news, favouring the ‘safe space’ of private messaging apps
- The Economist and Slate collaborate on The Secret History of the Future to share audiences and expertise
- 'Alexa, what's the news?': How Flash Briefings can help you reach wider audiences
- German non-profit CORRECTIV to replicate the successful investigative journalism model used by the Bureau Local
- Tip: How to add IGTV to your social media strategy