US-based web-magazine Slate has joined forces with the UK’s The Economist to publish a series of podcasts focusing on modern anxieties surrounding technology.
The collaborative ten-part series The Secret History of the Future broadcast their debut episode The Box That AI Lives In on 5 September, exploring the evolution of AI technology, guiding the audience from its origin as an 18th-century chess-machine to modern day companies like Amazon.
Deputy editor and head of digital strategy at The Economist Tom Standage talks to Journalism.co.uk about why Slate were the perfect partner for their latest project, the challenges in overseas collaboration and how they will benefit from much-needed US exposure.
Free daily newsletter
- The Bristol Cable launches new tool to engage readers with local journalism
- Here is why local journalism matters so much to UK communities
- Newsrewired to offer 40 virtual places to local journalists thanks to support from the Google News Initiative
- From gloom to boom: leveraging the 'coronabump' subscription surge
- Covering covid-19 with a solutions lens: six insights from The Guardian