Things are changing at Facebook: the world's most populous social network has hinted at a more publisher-friendly algorithm for surfacing quality content on the site, while some organisations have reported a large increase in traffic and social referrals.
In this week's podcast we look at what has changed at Facebook, how that is affecting media outlets and what people can do to make these changes work to their advantage.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
We speak to:
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor for social news, BBC
- Luke Lewis, UK editor, Buzzfeed
Free daily newsletter
- Report: Nearly a quarter of news articles include social media embeds
- Tip: Try out these tools to introduce more audio into your stories
- How BBC Minute aims to engage young people with global radio news
- Tip: Here's how to keep your professional and personal contacts separate on Facebook
- This American Life wants to put audio on the social sharing map with new tool