Things are changing at Facebook: the world's most populous social network has hinted at a more publisher-friendly algorithm for surfacing quality content on the site, while some organisations have reported a large increase in traffic and social referrals.
In this week's podcast we look at what has changed at Facebook, how that is affecting media outlets and what people can do to make these changes work to their advantage.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
We speak to:
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor for social news, BBC
- Luke Lewis, UK editor, Buzzfeed
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these verification tools for social media newsgathering
- 5 key research findings on distributed content strategies from INMA
- Tip: Here's how to get started with Facebook Live successfully
- Two BBC local radio stations experiment with 24 hours of mobile journalism
- Tip: Check out these 13 tools to help you tackle social media more effectively