Things are changing at Facebook: the world's most populous social network has hinted at a more publisher-friendly algorithm for surfacing quality content on the site, while some organisations have reported a large increase in traffic and social referrals.
In this week's podcast we look at what has changed at Facebook, how that is affecting media outlets and what people can do to make these changes work to their advantage.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
We speak to:
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor for social news, BBC
- Luke Lewis, UK editor, Buzzfeed
Free daily newsletter
- Japan’s NHK is experimenting with one-minute documentaries for social media
- Tip: Check out this advice for improving the reach of your podcast
- France Info has been drawing the news and taking fact-checking to the streets
- The GENII project encourages student journalists from six countries to collaborate on stories
- A Snapchat news channel from ARD and ZDF aims to engage young audiences in current affairs