Things are changing at Facebook: the world's most populous social network has hinted at a more publisher-friendly algorithm for surfacing quality content on the site, while some organisations have reported a large increase in traffic and social referrals.
In this week's podcast we look at what has changed at Facebook, how that is affecting media outlets and what people can do to make these changes work to their advantage.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
We speak to:
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor for social news, BBC
- Luke Lewis, UK editor, Buzzfeed
Free daily newsletter
- 4 tips from LBC to make audio more engaging on social media
- European news consumers tend to trust TV and radio more than social media and the written press, study finds
- Tip: Consider these key points when using social media in the Middle East
- Mobile journalism is helping CBC focus on digital storytelling
- Tip: How to succeed on social without agonising over metrics