Things are changing at Facebook: the world's most populous social network has hinted at a more publisher-friendly algorithm for surfacing quality content on the site, while some organisations have reported a large increase in traffic and social referrals.
In this week's podcast we look at what has changed at Facebook, how that is affecting media outlets and what people can do to make these changes work to their advantage.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
We speak to:
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor for social news, BBC
- Luke Lewis, UK editor, Buzzfeed
Free daily newsletter
- BBC News uses mobile journalism to attract social audiences
- How to launch your podcast on a shoestring budget
- Value My News to help UK-based hyperlocal publishers monetise content
- Pilot placement scheme to help BAME journalists break into radio and podcast
- 10 must-join Facebook groups for journalists