Things are changing at Facebook: the world's most populous social network has hinted at a more publisher-friendly algorithm for surfacing quality content on the site, while some organisations have reported a large increase in traffic and social referrals.
In this week's podcast we look at what has changed at Facebook, how that is affecting media outlets and what people can do to make these changes work to their advantage.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
We speak to:
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor for social news, BBC
- Luke Lewis, UK editor, Buzzfeed
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Learn how to write better tweets from this research
- Radio storytelling in Sierra Leone: Giving children a voice
- Banjo gives journalists free access to its social media discovery platform
- Tip: Learn how to succeed at podcasting
- 'You need a social sixth-sense’ – Q&A with The Next Web's Matt Navarra