Things are changing at Facebook: the world's most populous social network has hinted at a more publisher-friendly algorithm for surfacing quality content on the site, while some organisations have reported a large increase in traffic and social referrals.
In this week's podcast we look at what has changed at Facebook, how that is affecting media outlets and what people can do to make these changes work to their advantage.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
We speak to:
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor for social news, BBC
- Luke Lewis, UK editor, Buzzfeed
Free daily newsletter
- 'Everything is a red flag': The challenges of the new media movement in Syria
- CAST: A project building a community news network in Armenia trialled an alternative to expensive mobile data
- New initiative Finding Common Ground offers funding for newsrooms to expand existing engagement projects
- Tip: Why journalists should use design methods in reporting
- Tip: Remember these pointers before setting up a Facebook group