Things are changing at Facebook: the world's most populous social network has hinted at a more publisher-friendly algorithm for surfacing quality content on the site, while some organisations have reported a large increase in traffic and social referrals.
In this week's podcast we look at what has changed at Facebook, how that is affecting media outlets and what people can do to make these changes work to their advantage.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
We speak to:
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor for social news, BBC
- Luke Lewis, UK editor, Buzzfeed
Free daily newsletter
- Report: What publishers prioritise in their Facebook strategy
- Tip: Bookmark this guide for contacting sources on social media
- Creating change agents: How can you teach journalism innovation?
- 'A lot more video' – Facebook's Fidji Simo on the future of News Feed
- First Draft Partner Network launches to connect media and technology companies to improve social newsgathering