Things are changing at Facebook: the world's most populous social network has hinted at a more publisher-friendly algorithm for surfacing quality content on the site, while some organisations have reported a large increase in traffic and social referrals.
In this week's podcast we look at what has changed at Facebook, how that is affecting media outlets and what people can do to make these changes work to their advantage.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
We speak to:
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor for social news, BBC
- Luke Lewis, UK editor, Buzzfeed
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Al Jazeera's latest virtual reality project immerses viewers with animated art
- New project from the Walter Cronkite School will focus on improving news literacy through collaboration
- Tip: Remember this advice for writing strong headlines for social media
- With AM to DM, BuzzFeed brings the morning news show to Twitter