Things are changing at Facebook: the world's most populous social network has hinted at a more publisher-friendly algorithm for surfacing quality content on the site, while some organisations have reported a large increase in traffic and social referrals.
In this week's podcast we look at what has changed at Facebook, how that is affecting media outlets and what people can do to make these changes work to their advantage.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
We speak to:
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor for social news, BBC
- Luke Lewis, UK editor, Buzzfeed
Free daily newsletter
- WATCH: So you want to be a social media editor?
- 'Know how to fail fast and to thine own self be true' – Q&A with WSJ's Carla Zanoni
- Tip: Check out this guide to verifying images using Google Earth
- 3 key research findings about social media usage in the Middle East and North Africa
- Tip: Learn how to better protect your social media accounts