Things are changing at Facebook: the world's most populous social network has hinted at a more publisher-friendly algorithm for surfacing quality content on the site, while some organisations have reported a large increase in traffic and social referrals.
In this week's podcast we look at what has changed at Facebook, how that is affecting media outlets and what people can do to make these changes work to their advantage.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
We speak to:
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Mark Frankel, assistant editor for social news, BBC
- Luke Lewis, UK editor, Buzzfeed
Free daily newsletter
- Report outlines challenges and recommendations for ethical journalism in 2017 and beyond
- Finding Home: TIME's year-long multimedia project about the lives of refugee mothers
- Tip: Take a look at this list of Facebook Live formats
- The benefits of developing a journalism side project
- Tool for journalists: Audiogram, for making audio more shareable on social media