A number of news outlets are starting to use Snapchat to share images and short video with the app's community, from covering events to offering 'behind-the-scenes' media.
In this week's podcast we look at examples from the Washington Post, Mashable, NowThisNews and Vice, and hear from representatives of each, including several journalists with first-hand 'snapping' experience, including:
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior editor of digital news, Washington Post
- Jeff Petriello, producer creative, Mashable
- Maya Tanaka, producer, NowThisNews
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, Vice
Here is more on the Washington Post's use of Snapchat during the Super Bowl.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Throwback Thursday: Fake news troubles and data viz experiments
- How to crack Snapchat and Instagram through ‘Stories’
- Journalism 360 Challenge funds 11 projects that explore best practices for immersive storytelling in news
- Martin Baron: 'There is a business case in addition to the moral case for investigative journalism'
- Advice for young journalists from Martin Baron, executive editor, The Washington Post