A number of news outlets are starting to use Snapchat to share images and short video with the app's community, from covering events to offering 'behind-the-scenes' media.
In this week's podcast we look at examples from the Washington Post, Mashable, NowThisNews and Vice, and hear from representatives of each, including several journalists with first-hand 'snapping' experience, including:
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior editor of digital news, Washington Post
- Jeff Petriello, producer creative, Mashable
- Maya Tanaka, producer, NowThisNews
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, Vice
Here is more on the Washington Post's use of Snapchat during the Super Bowl.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- NRS: Telegraph is the latest UK newspaper to record most of national readership as mobile-only
- What the media can learn from coverage of the Paris attacks
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for covering natural disasters
- Announcing the agenda for the next news:rewired
- 'Don't become an armchair journalist' – Q&A with Ryan Bassil