A number of news outlets are starting to use Snapchat to share images and short video with the app's community, from covering events to offering 'behind-the-scenes' media.
In this week's podcast we look at examples from the Washington Post, Mashable, NowThisNews and Vice, and hear from representatives of each, including several journalists with first-hand 'snapping' experience, including:
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior editor of digital news, Washington Post
- Jeff Petriello, producer creative, Mashable
- Maya Tanaka, producer, NowThisNews
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, Vice
Here is more on the Washington Post's use of Snapchat during the Super Bowl.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- A Snapchat news channel from ARD and ZDF aims to engage young audiences in current affairs
- A snapshot of news organisations' reporting on US election day
- How NPR and The Washington Post are covering the US election results
- Tip: Check out these alternative metrics for measuring engagement
- How to integrate Snapchat into your social media strategy