A number of news outlets are starting to use Snapchat to share images and short video with the app's community, from covering events to offering 'behind-the-scenes' media.
In this week's podcast we look at examples from the Washington Post, Mashable, NowThisNews and Vice, and hear from representatives of each, including several journalists with first-hand 'snapping' experience, including:
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior editor of digital news, Washington Post
- Jeff Petriello, producer creative, Mashable
- Maya Tanaka, producer, NowThisNews
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, Vice
Here is more on the Washington Post's use of Snapchat during the Super Bowl.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these alternative metrics for measuring engagement
- How to integrate Snapchat into your social media strategy
- Tip: Check out this guide to Snapchat Memories
- The Washington Post sees opportunities for 'slow TV' on Facebook Live
- The Washington Post rolls out automation for the Olympic Games, gearing up for US election coverage