A number of news outlets are starting to use Snapchat to share images and short video with the app's community, from covering events to offering 'behind-the-scenes' media.
In this week's podcast we look at examples from the Washington Post, Mashable, NowThisNews and Vice, and hear from representatives of each, including several journalists with first-hand 'snapping' experience, including:
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior editor of digital news, Washington Post
- Jeff Petriello, producer creative, Mashable
- Maya Tanaka, producer, NowThisNews
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, Vice
Here is more on the Washington Post's use of Snapchat during the Super Bowl.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- WATCH: So you want to be a social media editor?
- Distributed news: How BuzzFeed curates stories for social platforms
- 'Know how to fail fast and to thine own self be true' – Q&A with WSJ's Carla Zanoni
- CNN and Washington Post are experimenting with voicemail for audio storytelling
- Distributed news: Inside Fusion's social storytelling team