A number of news outlets are starting to use Snapchat to share images and short video with the app's community, from covering events to offering 'behind-the-scenes' media.
In this week's podcast we look at examples from the Washington Post, Mashable, NowThisNews and Vice, and hear from representatives of each, including several journalists with first-hand 'snapping' experience, including:
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior editor of digital news, Washington Post
- Jeff Petriello, producer creative, Mashable
- Maya Tanaka, producer, NowThisNews
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, Vice
Here is more on the Washington Post's use of Snapchat during the Super Bowl.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Why using Snapchat can make you a better storyteller
- Washington Post's first narrative podcast explores stories of mixed race Americans
- RTÉ is producing a new video series for Facebook using only mobile devices
- OpenDataCity is using sensor data to give readers the right news at the right time
- With a new app and Facebook Messenger bot, Al Jazeera Media Network is expanding into digital audio