A number of news outlets are starting to use Snapchat to share images and short video with the app's community, from covering events to offering 'behind-the-scenes' media.
In this week's podcast we look at examples from the Washington Post, Mashable, NowThisNews and Vice, and hear from representatives of each, including several journalists with first-hand 'snapping' experience, including:
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior editor of digital news, Washington Post
- Jeff Petriello, producer creative, Mashable
- Maya Tanaka, producer, NowThisNews
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, Vice
Here is more on the Washington Post's use of Snapchat during the Super Bowl.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- How to use social-native storytelling to break and cover news on Instagram
- Data crunching, weekly formats and vertical accounts: behind The Telegraph's Instagram strategy
- Tip: Producing content that works for TikTok
- US nonprofit The 19th wants to report on women and policies from a gender viewpoint
- Seven tips for publishers to get started with TikTok