A number of news outlets are starting to use Snapchat to share images and short video with the app's community, from covering events to offering 'behind-the-scenes' media.
In this week's podcast we look at examples from the Washington Post, Mashable, NowThisNews and Vice, and hear from representatives of each, including several journalists with first-hand 'snapping' experience, including:
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior editor of digital news, Washington Post
- Jeff Petriello, producer creative, Mashable
- Maya Tanaka, producer, NowThisNews
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, Vice
Here is more on the Washington Post's use of Snapchat during the Super Bowl.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Read these comments: How The Washington Post wants to highlight meaningful online comments
- The Washington Post is launching a weekly newsletter to highlight the most valuable comments on the site
- How BBC News is experimenting with Instagram Stories to engage younger audiences
- Quartz is exploring personalisation for its chatty news app
- Why digital-born publishers are key to the coverage of climate change