A number of news outlets are starting to use Snapchat to share images and short video with the app's community, from covering events to offering 'behind-the-scenes' media.
In this week's podcast we look at examples from the Washington Post, Mashable, NowThisNews and Vice, and hear from representatives of each, including several journalists with first-hand 'snapping' experience, including:
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior editor of digital news, Washington Post
- Jeff Petriello, producer creative, Mashable
- Maya Tanaka, producer, NowThisNews
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, Vice
Here is more on the Washington Post's use of Snapchat during the Super Bowl.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Tool for journalists: The Snap Map is now available on the web, outside of Snapchat
- The Washington Post’s latest augmented reality game brings the Winter Olympics into your living room
- With its latest video series, The Washington Post wants to pull back the curtain on the reporting process
- Report: The strengths and weaknesses of 7 digital news outlets as they tackle international expansions
- How publishers can tell better stories for mobile audiences