A number of news outlets are starting to use Snapchat to share images and short video with the app's community, from covering events to offering 'behind-the-scenes' media.
In this week's podcast we look at examples from the Washington Post, Mashable, NowThisNews and Vice, and hear from representatives of each, including several journalists with first-hand 'snapping' experience, including:
- Cory Haik, executive producer and senior editor of digital news, Washington Post
- Jeff Petriello, producer creative, Mashable
- Maya Tanaka, producer, NowThisNews
- Jonathan Hunt, global marketing director, Vice
Here is more on the Washington Post's use of Snapchat during the Super Bowl.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Report: Best practices for launching digital editions from eight European publishers
- How The Economist engages young audiences on Snapchat Discover
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab is working to elevate podcasts with a new player for the mobile web
- Tool for journalists: The Snap Map is now available on the web, outside of Snapchat
- The Washington Post’s latest augmented reality game brings the Winter Olympics into your living room