As many online publishers seek to deliver particularly shareable content, in addition to their more regular output, quizzes are a good way of engaging users.
A quiz, for example, is actually the "most popular piece of content of all time" on BuzzFeed, and other more traditional publishers are also regularly using quizzes to engage readers online around topical subjects.
This week's podcast discusses quizzes and effective formulae for success with:
- Jack Shepherd, editorial director, BuzzFeed
- Adam Boult, community co-ordinator for culture (in particular music and film) the Guardian
- Rob Manuel, editor, UsVsTh3m
For more on the subject of quizzes, Nieman Journalism Lab has also reported on BuzzFeed's "viral success" in this area.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- 5 key considerations for ethical virtual reality storytelling
- Tip: Try out these tools to introduce more audio into your stories
- BBC Minute aims to engage young people with global radio news
- Tip: Remember these ways to promote your new podcast
- How the Refugee Journalism Project helps exiled reporters restart their careers in the UK