As many online publishers seek to deliver particularly shareable content, in addition to their more regular output, quizzes are a good way of engaging users.
A quiz, for example, is actually the "most popular piece of content of all time" on BuzzFeed, and other more traditional publishers are also regularly using quizzes to engage readers online around topical subjects.
This week's podcast discusses quizzes and effective formulae for success with:
- Jack Shepherd, editorial director, BuzzFeed
- Adam Boult, community co-ordinator for culture (in particular music and film) the Guardian
- Rob Manuel, editor, UsVsTh3m
For more on the subject of quizzes, Nieman Journalism Lab has also reported on BuzzFeed's "viral success" in this area.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- BuzzFeed News app launches on Android with 'do not disturb' mode and emoji
- Tip: Learn how to succeed at podcasting
- NRS: Most of national audience now mobile-only at 4 UK newspapers
- A year after James Foley: Safety advice for conflict reporters
- ABC: Four titles break daily web traffic records in July