This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- European news consumers tend to trust TV and radio more than social media and the written press, study finds
- Tip: Consider these key points when using social media in the Middle East
- Mobile journalism is helping CBC focus on digital storytelling
- Tip: How to succeed on social without agonising over metrics
- How NRK Supernytt aims to 'reduce fear' with children's news in Norway