This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- RISJ report prompts optimism about readers' appreciation of journalism
- How NBC News designs digital products with the audience in mind
- Kaleida launches The Attention Index, an open-source algorithm to measure the impact of stories
- Audience trust in social media as a news source is falling, Reuters survey finds
- NBC launches experimental video hub for audiences on social media