This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- How to source user-generated content legally with Lobster
- Tip: Here's what you need to know before your first Facebook Live
- 'People like to know they're being heard’: Facebook Live at NowThis
- The Guardian is 'putting the interactive back into interactive journalism' with RioRun
- How CNN is recreating the #Rio2016 experience for audiences on social media