This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- ABC: 4 outlets break monthly records but daily averages stall
- 6 social media trends for publishers from Johnston Press
- Why Forbes is building a 'velvet-roped' social network
- How 'unicorns in the newsroom' change the storytelling process
- Stories with significant social referrals have longer 'lifespan'