This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- WATCH: What's it like being a religious affairs correspondent?
- Tip: Check out this guide to verifying images using Google Earth
- 3 key research findings about social media usage in the Middle East and North Africa
- Tip: Learn how to better protect your social media accounts
- Distributed news: The Vox way of getting stories out to 6 social platforms