This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Where to find inspiration when you need story ideas
- 5 key considerations for ethical virtual reality storytelling
- Report: Nearly a quarter of news articles include social media embeds
- Tip: Here's how to keep your professional and personal contacts separate on Facebook
- This American Life wants to put audio on the social sharing map with new tool