This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Refresh your social media strategy with this advice
- Is media's dependence on Facebook an unavoidable sacrifice on the altar of digital transition?
- The Trust Project launches transparency standards to help readers identify reliable news sources
- BBC #newsHACK: Where journalists and developers collaborate on solutions to the media industry's challenges
- How BBC #newsHACK is driving innovation in news delivery