This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- How to take a 360-degree photo within your Facebook app
- How NowThis coordinated social media and field reporting to safely cover a week-long protest
- Advice from Facebook for reaching wider audiences after the latest newsfeed updates
- App for journalists: Adobe Spark Video, for creating social videos on the go
- From podcasts to chat bots: Engagement experiments at Harvard Business Review