This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- Newsrewired throwback: Engagement is ‘about creating a party and making it rock’
- The UGC hub at the BBC builds trust with readers by involving them in the reporting
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Throwback Thursday: Multimedia is 'the way I consume media so it should also be the way I work with it'
- New project from the Walter Cronkite School will focus on improving news literacy through collaboration