This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Learn how to write better tweets from this research
- Banjo gives journalists free access to its social media discovery platform
- 'You need a social sixth-sense’ – Q&A with The Next Web's Matt Navarra
- Tool for journalists: Social Searcher, a search engine for social networks
- 'Effective news broadcasting involves more than TV, radio and a site' – Q&A with Mark Frankel