This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- BBC's VR Hub launches its first news documentary to explore the water politics of the river Nile
- 'Everything is a red flag': The challenges of the new media movement in Syria
- New initiative Finding Common Ground offers funding for newsrooms to expand existing engagement projects
- The importance of 'cultural absorption' when writing a book fit for the small screen
- Tip: Remember these pointers before setting up a Facebook group