This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here's how to share interview excerpts with Quotables
- For its first Facebook community, Bloomberg brought readers together to talk about personal finance
- Throwback Thursday: Citizen journalism, social media reporting and more media news of the past
- Tip: How to keep up with social media news
- Tip: Check out this advice for increasing social video training in your team