This week we immerse ourselves in the world of sport, looking at how sports journalist and news outlets are engaging with digital audiences, both on news websites and across social media platforms.
We discuss strategies for real-time reporting and engagement, social media curation and the huge opportunities for sports journalists in particular around mobile and data.
Taking part in the podcast is:
- Ben Gallop, head of interactive and Formula 1, BBC Sport
- Ian Prior, head of sport, Guardian News and Media
- Karla Geci, strategic media partnerships, Facebook
- Lee Walker, UK managing editor, Bleacher Report
- Richard Innes, editor, The Equaliser
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark this guide for contacting sources on social media
- The Guardian relaunches its documentaries section to feature longer films
- 'A lot more video' – Facebook's Fidji Simo on the future of News Feed
- First Draft Partner Network launches to connect media and technology companies to improve social newsgathering
- How to integrate Snapchat into your social media strategy