Unverified reports in the 24-hour news cycle continue to trip up journalists and baffle readers, so is it time to put the brakes on breaking news?
This week's podcast discusses some ideas behind the concept of slow news and two organisations who are hoping to tell a more complete story at a slower pace.
We speak to:
- Marie Catherine Beuth, founder of Newstapes and tech reporter, Le Figaro
- Charles-Édouard van de Put, co-founder, The Charta
- Carolina Are, co-founder and editor, The Charta
- Ernst-Jan Pfauth, co-founder and publisher, De Correspondent
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- What makes a good audio story?
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Al Jazeera's latest virtual reality project immerses viewers with animated art
- Tip: Bookmark these resources for planning digital initiatives in the newsroom
- With a tool called Amplify, the Reveal podcast is tapping into listeners' desire to dig deeper into stories