With players like Buzzfeed and Unilad continuing to blur the lines between news and entertainment, journalists are still asking the question: why is this gaining traction? Can we learn anything from it? Should we even care?
Looking to make their name in the domains of social news and virally viewed videos are It’s Gone Viral. According to Tubular Labs, its Facebook page was the 15th most visited entertainment page in July and represents a new milestone for the small project just two years since its launch.
In this weeks podcast we speak to Ryan Williams, co-founder of IGV who talks to us about their startup story and digital strategy — and their future plans too.
Free daily newsletter
- Half of publishers bet on reader revenue as their main income stream in 2020
- Christmas podcast: Journalism.co.uk looks back at 2019's hot (and not) topics in the media industry
- How news organisations in Asia-Pacific are getting readers to pay attention
- Sky News and BuzzFeed UK collaborate on livestreaming UK general election 2019 overnight show
- Using artificial intelligence to grow audience engagement during breaking news