With players like Buzzfeed and Unilad continuing to blur the lines between news and entertainment, journalists are still asking the question: why is this gaining traction? Can we learn anything from it? Should we even care?
Looking to make their name in the domains of social news and virally viewed videos are It’s Gone Viral. According to Tubular Labs, its Facebook page was the 15th most visited entertainment page in July and represents a new milestone for the small project just two years since its launch.
In this weeks podcast we speak to Ryan Williams, co-founder of IGV who talks to us about their startup story and digital strategy — and their future plans too.
Free daily newsletter
- The Economist and Slate collaborate on The Secret History of the Future to share audiences and expertise
- How collaborative podcast The Secret History of the Future aims to bring US audiences to The Economist
- Tip: How to add IGTV to your social media strategy
- Tip: Check out these 10 steps to verify social videos
- 'Don't make a video, make a format': Does your news organisation need to refresh its approach to video?