With players like Buzzfeed and Unilad continuing to blur the lines between news and entertainment, journalists are still asking the question: why is this gaining traction? Can we learn anything from it? Should we even care?
Looking to make their name in the domains of social news and virally viewed videos are It’s Gone Viral. According to Tubular Labs, its Facebook page was the 15th most visited entertainment page in July and represents a new milestone for the small project just two years since its launch.
In this weeks podcast we speak to Ryan Williams, co-founder of IGV who talks to us about their startup story and digital strategy — and their future plans too.
Free daily newsletter
- Weekly journalism news update: virtual reality, WhatsApp audio briefings and TikTok
- The Telegraph is growing its subscriptions with WhatsApp audio briefings
- The best hashtag strategies for news organisations on Instagram
- So you want to be a tech journalist?
- How can the traditional media cut it with Gen Z?