Many of us will deal with voicemail on any given day, whether we're hoping to reach friends, colleagues or business contacts as part of our job.
But we have never really though of it as a space for creativity.
CNN and the Washington Post have started experimenting with voicemail to engage with their online communities.
This week our guests are:
- Masuma Ahuja, social producer, CNN
- Ashley Codianni, director of social publishing, CNN
- Julia Carpenter, embedded social media editor, Washington Post
Free daily newsletter
- Six ways to overcome the challenges of mobile journalism
- Washington Post launches smart TV app to introduce news content onto streaming devices
- Tip: Seven storytelling hooks for long-form writing
- Disinformation, distrust, disengagement: how can we reinvent journalism?
- Fever Pit'ch: a football newsletter powered by reader-first approach and strong community