Many of us will deal with voicemail on any given day, whether we're hoping to reach friends, colleagues or business contacts as part of our job.
But we have never really though of it as a space for creativity.
CNN and the Washington Post have started experimenting with voicemail to engage with their online communities.
This week our guests are:
- Masuma Ahuja, social producer, CNN
- Ashley Codianni, director of social publishing, CNN
- Julia Carpenter, embedded social media editor, Washington Post
Free daily newsletter
- Can an ‘encyclopaedia of opinions’ help us have healthier conversations?
- Washington Post uses TikTok to engage quarantined Gen Z audience
- How the media can capitalise on 'coronabump' and keep audiences engaged
- Reporters Without Borders turns to Minecraft to make censored journalism accessible around the world
- Student publications are axing print as they need to compete with social media