Many of us will deal with voicemail on any given day, whether we're hoping to reach friends, colleagues or business contacts as part of our job.
But we have never really though of it as a space for creativity.
CNN and the Washington Post have started experimenting with voicemail to engage with their online communities.
This week our guests are:
- Masuma Ahuja, social producer, CNN
- Ashley Codianni, director of social publishing, CNN
- Julia Carpenter, embedded social media editor, Washington Post
Free daily newsletter
- Have you heard the news? You can now talk to the New York Times
- The Economist launches new daily current-affairs podcast The Intelligence
- Hashtag Our Stories is using Snapchat lenses to turn citizens into more effective storytellers
- The Quint trials interactive ads within messaging chatbots to boost revenue streams
- BBC takes audiences up the Congo River in latest virtual reality experience