Many of us will deal with voicemail on any given day, whether we're hoping to reach friends, colleagues or business contacts as part of our job.
But we have never really though of it as a space for creativity.
CNN and the Washington Post have started experimenting with voicemail to engage with their online communities.
This week our guests are:
- Masuma Ahuja, social producer, CNN
- Ashley Codianni, director of social publishing, CNN
- Julia Carpenter, embedded social media editor, Washington Post
Free daily newsletter
- Lessons in newsroom innovation from Perugia
- CNN provides a window into life under Taliban rule for the first time in 17 years
- Thirty-six hours with the Taliban: an all-female CNN crew shows a different reality of life in Afghanistan
- Have you heard the news? You can now talk to the New York Times
- The Economist launches new daily current-affairs podcast The Intelligence