Many of us will deal with voicemail on any given day, whether we're hoping to reach friends, colleagues or business contacts as part of our job.
But we have never really though of it as a space for creativity.
CNN and the Washington Post have started experimenting with voicemail to engage with their online communities.
This week our guests are:
- Masuma Ahuja, social producer, CNN
- Ashley Codianni, director of social publishing, CNN
- Julia Carpenter, embedded social media editor, Washington Post
Free daily newsletter
- Project Text allows US local journalists to connect with audiences through mobile messaging
- CNN launches Facebook-funded mobile-first daily news show 'Go There'
- The old, the new and the unexpected mediums for telling human stories
- 'We are just like the audience': AJ+ is reinventing its newsroom to reach the younger generation
- Lessons in newsroom innovation from Perugia