In this week’s podcast, we speak to Jessica Best, operations lead and engagement editor, The Correspondent.
After a successful $2.5m crowdfunding campaign, the Dutch publication De Correspondent is now launching its English-language version, The Correspondent, promising to be an antidote to breaking news.
Given that this is the publisher's second successful crowdfunding campaign, they may know a thing or two about sustainable journalism, interacting with audiences, and building a true sense of community.
So how did the team manage to convince the readers to chip in? And what are the dos and don'ts of crowdfunding? Listen to find out.
Free daily newsletter
- Job interview tips, crowdfunding and IGTV: here is your weekly journalism news update
- Tip: How to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign
- UK journalists often fall into 'us v them' trap when covering BAME communities
- The Seattle Times uses crowdfunding to stay independent as ad revenue dwindles
- Sustainable newsroom: relevance and trust are key for successful crowdfunding