The Guardian has been experimenting with virtual reality since April 2016, with its in-house team producing a range of immersive experiences that transport audiences inside the story.
6x9, Underworld, and First Impressions are just a few examples we explore in this week's podcast, which aim to help audiences better understand issues and experience things they will never get a chance to.
Francesca Panetta, executive editor of virtual reality at the Guardian, explained that within quite a short amount of time, publishers can give a very powerful experience for viewers, as well as imparting a lot of information.
"Each time, we have learned an enormous amount, and been very lucky to be able to throw our nets wide and experiment with possibilities of VR," she said.
Free daily newsletter
- New talk and demo at newsrewired: A news game in virtual reality
- The Washington Post’s latest augmented reality game brings the Winter Olympics into your living room
- Tip: Remember these pointers for shooting with 360-degree cameras
- A virtual reality news game teaches the public about the Coventry Blitz
- #newsrw: How to follow along with today's newsrewired event