CBC, the Canadian national broadcaster, has been training its reporters to produce more content with their mobile phones, as the organisation's focus moves to digital storytelling.
At RTE's Mojocon event in Ireland, Journalism.co.uk caught up with Kyle Bakx, business reporter for CBC based in Calgary, and Cheryl Kawaja, CBC reporter based in Northern Canada, to find out about the highs and lows of their mobile journalism journey, and how Kawaja and her equipment can film at -35C.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Consider these key points to record good quality audio on mobile
- The Daily Vox is using Instagram to tell the story of Ramadan
- 'Tell personal stories to help explain the big issues in the news' – Q&A with mobile journalist Wytse Vellinga
- Mobile journalism is helping CBC focus on digital storytelling
- 3 smartphone apps for creating time-lapse videos on the go