CBC, the Canadian national broadcaster, has been training its reporters to produce more content with their mobile phones, as the organisation's focus moves to digital storytelling.
At RTE's Mojocon event in Ireland, Journalism.co.uk caught up with Kyle Bakx, business reporter for CBC based in Calgary, and Cheryl Kawaja, CBC reporter based in Northern Canada, to find out about the highs and lows of their mobile journalism journey, and how Kawaja and her equipment can film at -35C.
Free daily newsletter
- How a Vox reporter uses social audiences to inspire his latest video series
- Why mobile will dominate news media by 2020
- Tool for journalists: Fader, for producing 360-degree videos on your computer
- Tip: Bookmark this advice when buying a mic for your smartphone
- 3 free Android apps to record phone calls made with your smartphone