CBC, the Canadian national broadcaster, has been training its reporters to produce more content with their mobile phones, as the organisation's focus moves to digital storytelling.
At RTE's Mojocon event in Ireland, Journalism.co.uk caught up with Kyle Bakx, business reporter for CBC based in Calgary, and Cheryl Kawaja, CBC reporter based in Northern Canada, to find out about the highs and lows of their mobile journalism journey, and how Kawaja and her equipment can film at -35C.
Free daily newsletter
- 'More views, angles and perspective': Why community journalism may be the future of news
- Seven lessons learned in a year teaching mobile journalism
- Tip: Try these 5 apps to help you work smarter in 2018
- 'We went for goofy': Lessons from Omrop Fryslân's first Facebook Live with multiple cameras
- How to simultaneously shoot and edit highlight videos using Velapp