CBC, the Canadian national broadcaster, has been training its reporters to produce more content with their mobile phones, as the organisation's focus moves to digital storytelling.
At RTE's Mojocon event in Ireland, Journalism.co.uk caught up with Kyle Bakx, business reporter for CBC based in Calgary, and Cheryl Kawaja, CBC reporter based in Northern Canada, to find out about the highs and lows of their mobile journalism journey, and how Kawaja and her equipment can film at -35C.
Free daily newsletter
- No filter: The importance of light when you're taking photos with your smartphone
- App for journalists: Vlogit, for producing eye-catching social videos
- The three pillars of mobile journalism: Q&A with Marc Settle, smartphone reporting trainer at the BBC
- Mobile journalism gives new freedom of expression
- Mobile journalism in the heat: A look at the Dutch documentary filmed in the Peruvian desert