CBC, the Canadian national broadcaster, has been training its reporters to produce more content with their mobile phones, as the organisation's focus moves to digital storytelling.
At RTE's Mojocon event in Ireland, Journalism.co.uk caught up with Kyle Bakx, business reporter for CBC based in Calgary, and Cheryl Kawaja, CBC reporter based in Northern Canada, to find out about the highs and lows of their mobile journalism journey, and how Kawaja and her equipment can film at -35C.
Free daily newsletter
- Prothom Alo is building the largest mobile journalism network in Bangladesh
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Tackling wind and crowds on a small budget: Mobile journalism in the Falkland Islands
- How to record and edit videos on your iPhone with Videon
- App for journalists: Plotagraph, for animating photos on your iPhone