Social media has played an increasingly important role in how journalists find stories and sources for news.
But how can journalists make the most of these platforms and what other tools and techniques are emerging that journalists can use for newsgathering?
News reporter Alastair Reid discusses social networks, mobile messaging apps, user-generated content and wearable computing with:
- Eliot Higgins, the Syrian conflict and munitions blogger, Brown Moses
- Trushar Barot, assistant editor of the user-generated content and social media hub, BBC
- Malachy Browne, news editor, Storyful
Free daily newsletter
- 6 tools to make digital audio more social
- WATCH: 'Ignore people who tell you radio is dead' – Podcasting advice from BBC Click
- On air: Advice for women journalists working in broadcast media
- Tool for journalists: Atlas from Quartz, for building charts
- Multimedia storytelling platform Shorthand launches out of beta