Social media has played an increasingly important role in how journalists find stories and sources for news.
But how can journalists make the most of these platforms and what other tools and techniques are emerging that journalists can use for newsgathering?
News reporter Alastair Reid discusses social networks, mobile messaging apps, user-generated content and wearable computing with:
- Eliot Higgins, the Syrian conflict and munitions blogger, Brown Moses
- Trushar Barot, assistant editor of the user-generated content and social media hub, BBC
- Malachy Browne, news editor, Storyful
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for finding and verifying news stories on social media
- Advice for sourcing eyewitness media from social networks
- Your responses: Gender-diverse speakers for your next journalism conference
- BBC unveils a collection of its first virtual reality experiments
- 103 speakers you need at your next journalism event to avoid all-male panels