Social media has played an increasingly important role in how journalists find stories and sources for news.
But how can journalists make the most of these platforms and what other tools and techniques are emerging that journalists can use for newsgathering?
News reporter Alastair Reid discusses social networks, mobile messaging apps, user-generated content and wearable computing with:
- Eliot Higgins, the Syrian conflict and munitions blogger, Brown Moses
- Trushar Barot, assistant editor of the user-generated content and social media hub, BBC
- Malachy Browne, news editor, Storyful
Free daily newsletter
- The UGC hub at the BBC builds trust with readers by involving them in the reporting
- Throwback Thursday: Multimedia is 'the way I consume media so it should also be the way I work with it'
- Throwback Thursday: Relaunching for 'web 3.0' and expanding interactivity
- BBC opens applications for regional titles to take in reporters as part of the Local News Partnership
- Reuters Institute report highlights UK readers' behaviours on desktop when news breaks, and the 3 news brands that come on top