Social media has played an increasingly important role in how journalists find stories and sources for news.
But how can journalists make the most of these platforms and what other tools and techniques are emerging that journalists can use for newsgathering?
News reporter Alastair Reid discusses social networks, mobile messaging apps, user-generated content and wearable computing with:
- Eliot Higgins, the Syrian conflict and munitions blogger, Brown Moses
- Trushar Barot, assistant editor of the user-generated content and social media hub, BBC
- Malachy Browne, news editor, Storyful
Free daily newsletter
- First Draft Coalition launches website to help journalists work with eyewitness media
- Delivering public value: What should a future BBC look like?
- App for journalists: Chhirp, for sharing soundbites on Twitter
- 5 tools to help journalists build great stories
- Why publishers are using Instagram to connect with their communities