Social media has played an increasingly important role in how journalists find stories and sources for news.
But how can journalists make the most of these platforms and what other tools and techniques are emerging that journalists can use for newsgathering?
News reporter Alastair Reid discusses social networks, mobile messaging apps, user-generated content and wearable computing with:
- Eliot Higgins, the Syrian conflict and munitions blogger, Brown Moses
- Trushar Barot, assistant editor of the user-generated content and social media hub, BBC
- Malachy Browne, news editor, Storyful
Free daily newsletter
- How news organisations are starting to tackle the lack of diversity in sports journalism
- Tip: Where to find inspiration when you need story ideas
- 5 key considerations for ethical virtual reality storytelling
- Report: Nearly a quarter of news articles include social media embeds
- Tip: Improve your interviewing and story sourcing techniques with these pointers