Social media has played an increasingly important role in how journalists find stories and sources for news.
But how can journalists make the most of these platforms and what other tools and techniques are emerging that journalists can use for newsgathering?
News reporter Alastair Reid discusses social networks, mobile messaging apps, user-generated content and wearable computing with:
- Eliot Higgins, the Syrian conflict and munitions blogger, Brown Moses
- Trushar Barot, assistant editor of the user-generated content and social media hub, BBC
- Malachy Browne, news editor, Storyful
Free daily newsletter
- BBC's VR Hub launches its first news documentary to explore the water politics of the river Nile
- Tip: Why journalists should use design methods in reporting
- The importance of 'cultural absorption' when writing a book fit for the small screen
- BBC Ideas aims to inform and entertain audiences with short factual videos
- Tip: Use these 15 open-source tools for newsgathering, visualisation and storytelling