Social media has played an increasingly important role in how journalists find stories and sources for news.
But how can journalists make the most of these platforms and what other tools and techniques are emerging that journalists can use for newsgathering?
News reporter Alastair Reid discusses social networks, mobile messaging apps, user-generated content and wearable computing with:
- Eliot Higgins, the Syrian conflict and munitions blogger, Brown Moses
- Trushar Barot, assistant editor of the user-generated content and social media hub, BBC
- Malachy Browne, news editor, Storyful
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Use these 15 open-source tools for newsgathering, visualisation and storytelling
- BBC #newsHACK: Where journalists and developers collaborate on solutions to the media industry's challenges
- How BBC #newsHACK is driving innovation in news delivery
- How the BBC is using Hearken for crowd-powered journalism
- The UGC hub at the BBC builds trust with readers by involving them in the reporting