With our 24th digital journalism conference fast approaching, we take a sneak peek at the topics and hot talking points on offer at Newsrewired.
In this week's podcast, we hear from Jess Best, operations lead and engagement editor, The Correspondent who talks about the logic behind one of the biggest crowdfunding success stories of 2018, as the publication hit their $2.5m target to launch the English-language version.
Elsewhere, Chris Stone, executive video producer of the Evening Standard offers some insight to the work they are doing with next-generation smart speakers and the potential for new revenue streams.
We cap off the podcast by revisiting Daniel Sieberg, CEO of iO Technologies and his explainer of what blockchain is and why journalists should care.
This, and much more, including solutions journalism and local news projects, are up for discussion at Reuters, London on 6 March 2019.
Free daily newsletter
- Publishers are experimenting with smart speakers, addressing concerns around monetisation and discoverability
- How Neue Zürcher Zeitung increased its conversion rate up to five times with dynamic ‘paygates’
- Know your reader: Tortoise listens to its audience to shape slow news agenda
- Meet your keynote speaker: Rouven Leuener, group head of digital product at Neue Zürcher Zeitung
- At Tortoise, readers' insights shape the editorial content