With our 24th digital journalism conference fast approaching, we take a sneak peek at the topics and hot talking points on offer at Newsrewired.
In this week's podcast, we hear from Jess Best, operations lead and engagement editor, The Correspondent who talks about the logic behind one of the biggest crowdfunding success stories of 2018, as the publication hit their $2.5m target to launch the English-language version.
Elsewhere, Chris Stone, executive video producer of the Evening Standard offers some insight to the work they are doing with next-generation smart speakers and the potential for new revenue streams.
We cap off the podcast by revisiting Daniel Sieberg, CEO of iO Technologies and his explainer of what blockchain is and why journalists should care.
This, and much more, including solutions journalism and local news projects, are up for discussion at Reuters, London on 6 March 2019.
Free daily newsletter
- Hazel Baker, head of UGC newsgathering at Reuters, on deepfakes, misinformation and verification
- Weekly journalism news update: Mental health in the newsroom, Instagram and Brexit coverage
- Mobile journalism legend Yusuf Omar is joining Newsrewired
- Q&A: Lyndsey Jones, executive editor at the Financial Times on what you will need to succeed in the newsroom of the 2020
- Weekly journalism news update: Cairncross, climate change and solutions journalism techniques